Most annoying and biased tech reviewers

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
1. Josh Topolsky, Nilay Patel, and the rest of that stupid The Verge hell.
2. Brian Tong - He sounds like he wants to cream his pants everytime he talks about Apple Products, really can't stand him. He's very annoying. Anyone else cringe at his presence?
3. Paul Thurrott or something. He seems bitter about MS.

Now for the best and most awesome reviewers out there:
1. The WPC Crew (most amazing reviewers because they actual review tech products, disregarding their personal grudges. Very unbiased, and very in depth with each review. Daniel convinced me to hold off my Miix 2 pre-order because of his OOTB experiences with it, and now waiting for the updates to start rolling in.
2. TabletPCReview - Amazing discussion board, and tech site!
3. Lisa from MobileTechReview - AMAZING woman. She actually reviews items based on their technical specs, and not with her own opinion. Amazing reviewer can't say anything bad about this lady!
4. John Rettinger from TechnoBuffallo - I give him a lot of respect for actually reserving his right to change his opinions on MS, specially on the Surface lines. His new MS-related reviews have gotten so much pleasing to watch because he actually has started praising the products themselves.

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Two things: one, Brian Tong is not that bad. He does the show the Apple Byte AND Googlicous. He presents both sides fairly and has stated "yeah, I'm a fan boy, a fan boy of cool tech" and he recently rated the Nexus 7 higher than the iPad mini.

Second, I completely agree with Jon, he's one of the best out there, but his last name is spelled Rettinger ;p

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading Paul Thurrott's work since the late 90's, and while i don't always agree with his opinion, he's certainly not 'bitter' about Microsoft. He clearly loves that company and wants to see them do well, but like everyone, they don't always get it right and he has to be able to say that too. The guy clearly can't win, he's either seen as too anti or too pro Microsoft.

Maybe you should watch Windows Weekly which he does with the excellent Mary Jo Foley, they both know Microsoft a lot better than the supposed experts out there, and present a pretty balanced view of things.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I really respect Paul Thurrott, he doesn't shy back when something is not good. If you watch his shows like Windows Weekly, What the Tech you will see how he thinks. He is all logical and if a device is good he praises it be it an Apple device, Android or Windows. He has been doing this for a long time so he knows what to do and what not.

The Verge team and the commenters on the Verge are a bunch of idiots(I am an ***** too for reading and commenting on their site). A simple example is they gave the iPad last gen's camera score more than Lumia 2520, they give a higher score to last gen's iPad mini screen and lesser score for Dell Venue Pro 8 even though it has a better screen. Nilay is a big DBag who can't stand anything that isn't apple (at least that's the impression he gives me) and is always trying to turn the conversation into TV this, TV that .. Josh is always worried about his hair :p

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I really respect Paul Thurrott, he doesn't shy back when something is not good. If you watch his shows like Windows Weekly, What the Tech you will see how he thinks. He is all logical and if a device is good he praises it be it an Apple device, Android or Windows. He has been doing this for a long time so he knows what to do and what not.

The Verge team and the commenters on the Verge are a bunch of idiots(I am an ***** too for reading and commenting on their site). A simple example is they gave the iPad last gen's camera score more than Lumia 2520, they give a higher score to last gen's iPad mini screen and lesser score for Dell Venue Pro 8 even though it has a better screen. Nilay is a big DBag who can't stand anything that isn't apple (at least that's the impression he gives me) and is always trying to turn the conversation into TV this, TV that .. Josh is always worried about his hair :p
I can't stand Thurrott anymore. He's grown so arrogant and bitter, that he's not tolerable anymore. I've seen some reasoned counter points given where he just dismisses people with a rude quip. I used to read all his stuff, but haven't even peeked in over a year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro