I really feel sorry for the BlackBerry people

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The posts over at the BlackBerry site got me pretty depressed today. It's like the last days in Hitler's bunker over there and they know it but refuse to admit it. Maybe Nokia should do a trade in program for Blackberry users. Rant over.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I was disappointed in the Z10. Now T-Mobile has dropped them. Going down hard. I'm sad to see it but they were a little too late I think...

They were on the right track, just years too late.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

They shouldn't have went solo. Should have at least joined Android or WP :/

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was disappointed in the Z10. Now T-Mobile has dropped them. Going down hard. I'm sad to see it but they were a little too late I think...

They were on the right track, just years too late.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
My problem with the BlackBerry 10 was that I couldn't figure out the gestures when I tried one last year (at a T-Mobile store actually). I'm not new to smartphones and have no trouble just picking up various devices and using them. For example, today I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy S5, found the browser, did a search, and installed an app using Google Play this afternoon at the AT&T store. It took me less than a minute to do that.

Androids and iPhones are easy to just pick up and use, even if one does not own those.

Last year, I spent over 10 minutes just trying to get out of the BB10 Hub and figure out how to open the browser. Perhaps BB10 is easy to use if one takes time to learn. However, I found the interface clunky and unintuitive. I'm not about to study a manual to learn how to use it, when I can pick up any other device and just do whatever I want to do.

I imagine that I'm not the only person who feels that way.

Taylor White1

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I had a z10 and q10. Both were beautiful and the keyboard and gesture control of the z10 were amazing. Honestly the z10 is imo the best phone I've ever used. I sold it when blackberry started going under and I feared losing support for the $500+ phone. I'm now using WP exclusively and am quite happy.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I feel bad for them too. It`s so hard to have a reasonable conversation over there because they have the worst "hive mind" of any of the various mobile nation sites. They acted like Legere was the worst person since Hitler (Godwin`s Law!!) because he is CEO of T-Mobile and they dropped BlackBerry. I feel bad most of all for anybody who signed new two year contracts with them. They are burning through their cash, losing a major U.S. carrier, making more BBOS7 devices, making a "classic" BlackBerry with BB10, and the last phone they made was a carrier exclusive with the only other way to get it was outright ($400+) somewhere else. Yeah things are not the best for them. I would more than anything say that I hope they make high end device that can compete with other flagships.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering why people are thinking It's Blackberry's last days, they dropped their relationship with the forth smallest (correct me if I am wrong) carrier in the United States, they are still selling devices (not many, but the sales are noteworthy) I personally really like Blackberry and I'm seriously considering a Z10 from them.

tohoshinki

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I dont think its d-day for blackberry yet. Market share and usage reports are skewed. They're obviously selling phones, even if its only 10million units a year. still see a lot of people carrying their blackberry devices around (myself included). I mean I still see a lot of people with flip phones and and old school nokias too. Though I've never seen a bb10 out in the wild and that's really the biggest issue. BB10 is a huge step backwards from BB7. BB7 had more native apps from bigger developers, was more cost effective (BIS) and had better looking hardware. I dont know why they threw all that away.

That being said, so what if T-Mobile drops them. So what if the USA drops them? The US hasn't been kind to Nokia and they've found success elsewhere. I feel like Blackberry still has the potential to do the same in places like South America and Southern Asia/Africa where their devices are relatively popular still.

iOS Gravity

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
The BlackBerry keyboard is good, but the OS is too complicated. It's just that whenever you say something negative about BlackBerry on CrackBerry, you get gunned down by "fanboys".

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering why people are thinking It's Blackberry's last days, they dropped their relationship with the forth smallest (correct me if I am wrong) carrier in the United States, they are still selling devices (not many, but the sales are noteworthy) I personally really like Blackberry and I'm seriously considering a Z10 from them.

4th largest my man. That's big. If you lose one of the biggest carriers in one of the largest country's that's harsh. The sales are not noteworthy because they are selling more older devices than BB10 devices which isn't good. That's not enough to keep the company operating the way it is now. Its losing money quarter by quarter.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I dont think its d-day for blackberry yet. Market share and usage reports are skewed. They're obviously selling phones, even if its only 10million units a year. still see a lot of people carrying their blackberry devices around (myself included). I mean I still see a lot of people with flip phones and and old school nokias too. Though I've never seen a bb10 out in the wild and that's really the biggest issue. BB10 is a huge step backwards from BB7. BB7 had more native apps from bigger developers, was more cost effective (BIS) and had better looking hardware. I dont know why they threw all that away.

That being said, so what if T-Mobile drops them. So what if the USA drops them? The US hasn't been kind to Nokia and they've found success elsewhere. I feel like Blackberry still has the potential to do the same in places like South America and Southern Asia/Africa where their devices are relatively popular still.

If the U.S. drops then all together they will not be doing too well at all. Nokia, and various other manufacturers have other countries locked down.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The BlackBerry keyboard is good, but the OS is too complicated. It's just that whenever you say something negative about BlackBerry on CrackBerry, you get gunned down by "fanboys".

That's my biggest problem with their forums. You can't have a intelligent conversation. Its always "us" or "them" over there.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
4th largest my man. That's big. If you lose one of the biggest carriers in one of the largest country's that's harsh. The sales are not noteworthy because they are selling more older devices than BB10 devices which isn't good. That's not enough to keep the company operating the way it is now. Its losing money quarter by quarter.

The other carriers are limiting BlackBerry to online sales only in some cases. I was at an AT&T Corporate store this afternoon. They don't have any BlackBerry devices in the store. Where BlackBerry used to be located are now the prepaid GoPhones.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I feel bad for them too. It`s so hard to have a reasonable conversation over there because they have the worst "hive mind" of any of the various mobile nation sites. They acted like Legere was the worst person since Hitler (Godwin`s Law!!) because he is CEO of T-Mobile and they dropped BlackBerry. I feel bad most of all for anybody who signed new two year contracts with them. They are burning through their cash, losing a major U.S. carrier, making more BBOS7 devices, making a "classic" BlackBerry with BB10, and the last phone they made was a carrier exclusive with the only other way to get it was outright ($400+) somewhere else. Yeah things are not the best for them. I would more than anything say that I hope they make high end device that can compete with other flagships.

This is a person who I agree with. They can't take criticism. So if I say "BB10 is hard to use" They all rally together and call the person stupid for not knowing how to use the phone. Crackberry people are weird sometimes

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The other carriers are limiting BlackBerry to online sales only in some cases. I was at an AT&T Corporate store this afternoon. They don't have any BlackBerry devices in the store. Where BlackBerry used to be located are now the prepaid GoPhones.

I know as soon as T-Mobile dropped BlackBerry other carriers might follow suit. I always said, one of the main reason the Z30 was a Verizon exclusive was because: 1.) They were the only ones who would take it 2.) They were the only ones who could take the loss if it didn't sell.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This is a person who I agree with. They can't take criticism. So if I say "BB10 is hard to use" They all rally together and call the person stupid for not knowing how to use the phone. Crackberry people are weird sometimes

That they are.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In a way, I feel that the BB10 UI is much like the UI of the Palm Pre. I read an old review on webOSNation a couple days ago and sent the link to a friend of mine via email. Here is my exact quote of my comment to my friend about webOS's UI. "Notice the gestures: swipe up, back gesture, swipe across, half-swipe up, launch-wave. Those sound like a hot mess. If I had to deal with all that, I’d be launching the Pre out the window and happily waving goodbye to it."

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb