Instagram Official?

Alin Iulian

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
When will we have official Instagram? Passed 5 months since launch and is still in beta stage... is little embarrassing,
even not at all offer carefully for wp. :unhappy:

I thought that now with Windows Phone 8.1 to expect the final version, but ...

freshair

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's still in beta because it's not yet feature parity with the other OS version.

I'm assuming when the consumer 8.1 hits a they'll probably release an updated version (maybe 'final'?) that supports video uploading, and perhaps remove the beta badge. That's my assumption anyways.

stkhalo07

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's still in beta because it's not yet feature parity with the other OS version.

I'm assuming when the consumer 8.1 hits a they'll probably release an updated version (maybe 'final'?) that supports video uploading, and perhaps remove the beta badge. That's my assumption anyways.

That's my understanding as well.

If I recall correctly, WP8 didn't allow video API access for developers, which theoretically prevented Instagram from launching a full-featured client.

WP8.1 from what I understand, loosens this up, so there shouldn't be any conflict going forward. If that's the case then it's a question of how soon Instagram wants to update their client - I imagine a lot of that would come down to if they're willing to work with the dev preview or not.

Bram Vanroy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
That's my understanding as well.

If I recall correctly, WP8 didn't allow video API access for developers, which theoretically prevented Instagram from launching a full-featured client.

WP8.1 from what I understand, loosens this up, so there shouldn't be any conflict going forward. If that's the case then it's a question of how soon Instagram wants to update their client - I imagine a lot of that would come down to if they're willing to work with the dev preview or not.
I don't understand how that could be the case. There are loads of apps that used the video feature. Just look at Vine and 6tag and 6snap?

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really been following the official Instagram app. What is it missing at this point? Last time I used it, it worked fine for posting pictures and seeing what others had posted. The basics worked just fine and I am guessing, based on the reviews, the majority of users are pretty satisfied with the functionality as is. Obviously it would be nice to have all the bells and whistles, or feature parity with the other platforms. It will come with time. If those features are something you absolutely need, then you might have to settle for 3rd party solutions in the mean time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
We probably won't have a full Instagram client until the roll out of WP8.1 is complete. That's of course if they haven't abandoned the platform but there's been no mention of that.

I would say development stalled on all the mainstream apps for this reason. They need to update it to WP8.1 and implement the features. Give a couple of months, if it doesn't show then you can cry.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What can we do for Instagram to have more interest to us *windows phone community*?

Absolutely nothing.

It's up to Instagram (Facebook btw) to sort their app out. Someone was complaining there's no link on the site to the Windows Phone app now. My guess is that since it's still in beta that's why there's no link.

My thought would be to contact Instagram and flat out ask them or get someone from WPC to get some sort of answer. I'd like to see a full version app but if it doesn't come that's not good for the WP platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234