Should I port my online javascript game to the Windows store?

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but about a year ago I made a game using javascript and posted it online. The only reason I did it is because me and my friend were bored at lunchtime and all the games were blocked, so I decided to make my own. He and my IT teacher both thought it was fun, so I was wondering if I should port it to Windows.

The only problem is the game's UI currently only works in fullscreen, but I could make a mobile version.
What do I need to know if I was going to port this as an app to Windows or maybe a universal app to Windows and Windows Phone?

(im not sure if the game is actually any good, but my friend said it was)

kishorekumar_a

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but about a year ago I made a game using javascript and posted it online. The only reason I did it is because me and my friend were bored at lunchtime and all the games were blocked, so I decided to make my own. He and my IT teacher both thought it was fun, so I was wondering if I should port it to Windows.

The only problem is the game's UI currently only works in fullscreen, but I could make a mobile version.
What do I need to know if I was going to port this as an app to Windows or maybe a universal app to Windows and Windows Phone?

(im not sure if the game is actually any good, but my friend said it was)

You should have posted this in Developer Corner. However give us the link to the game if you have it online somewhere. If you want to port the game, do it, absolutely. We are all here to support...

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
You should have posted this in Developer Corner. However give us the link to the game if you have it online somewhere. If you want to port the game, do it, absolutely. We are all here to support...

Thanks, I've begun porting it and it's at about pre-alpha stage on Windows Phone
I'll link to the online game once I update it with the code for Windows 8.1 (because atm it is quite buggy online)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa