"******"

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We here on WPC are, by rights of accepting the terms of use, all adults. We are all also, I assume, intelligent adults. Finally we are all intelligent adults who follow - and may have vested interests in - mobile technology.

Should we not be capable of recognizing when one platform excels in some area over our chosen "pet" platform? Should we not be capable of allowing others their own opinions when it comes to one platform excelling over another? One would think that as intelligent adults interested in mobile technology, we should be able to do just that. But so often around here dissenting opinions are met with cries of "******", "iSheep", "fandroid", and the like.

Personally, I think that falling back on those terms indicates a lack of intelligence and thought. Rather than consider what is being said, you're taking it as an offense against your "pet" platform and you're insulting the speaker by not allowing them their own opinions. Personally, I think that anyone who goes out of their way to not only setup an account on WPC, but to actually engage in the community, should be above that sort of base commentary.

Therefore, I am calling for an end to the terms "******", "iSheep", "fandroid", and all the rest here on WPC. I think that we should rise above the dross which brings down other forums of WPC's ilk, and start setting a better example for all of WPC's sister sites to follow.

Who is with me?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I lived in Jacksonville, Fl. for a few years. It's technically North Florida but everyone knows it's more like South Georgia. The term "boy" in any form is derogatory and will usually get you an a**-whooping if you're not careful. Unless I'm purposely trying to get under someone's skin, I avoid using iSheep and that type of language.

Count me in.

untitled007

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, the world will never understand each others opinion, they will keep insisting that if they like blue, you should like blue or else you're an ired or fangreen or vice versa

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well there's always this:
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
...and of course the report button >>> report-40b.png

Some members are here to argue and insult most are here to engage in a helpful or fun manner.
I believe age groups have a lot to do with the use of terms iSheep, ******\boy fandroid etc...

The platform wars will rage on until the end of time over the web.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well there's always this:
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
...and of course the report button >>> View attachment 83362

Some members are here to argue and insult most are here to engage in a helpful or fun manner.
I believe age groups have a lot to do with the use of terms iSheep, ******\boy fandroid etc...

The platform wars will rage on until the end of time over the web.

If we're to report every malcontent, for lack of a more appropriate term, or hit the ignore button - there'd be nobody to chat with. Well, not nobody but you catch my drift.

Last edited:

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion, words are carrying their own special meaning, and another alternative words could not do the same job.
I don't like offensive and rude words too, all kinds of them, which may hurt a heart.
But I think there is a tiny deference in this case.
Surely the term "isheep" can insult without any doubt cause it refers the meaning of "following without thinking" but the term "******" or "fandroid" don't seem the same, for example we see someone who call themselves "******" or "fandroid" proudly but we can't find anyone who calls him/herself "isheep"
I think we all should avoid all the terms which may harm and hurt anyone personality and heart and we should replace passions and feeling with Logic
Lets keep our feelings in our hearts and share our logic
Peace

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon