Torn between two lovers... Feeling like a fool... Loving both of you is breaking all the rules...

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Nokia and Windows Phone fan. Being one is hard these days...

As you all know, Nokia has just announced a tablet that runs ANDROID...

...that is the rival of my preferred mobile OS, Windows Phone. (Nokia made me love WP)

Literally torn between these two right now. LOL

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just like how Nokia came up with Nokia X with specifically Android.. it wants a pie of android tablet market too. Now, all future wp products are Microsoft Lumia and not really Nokia's anymore.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the exact same boat. I jumped on WP because of Nokia and a Nokia / Android setup is quite appealing to me in theory. That said, at this stage it doesn't feel like the Nokia of old anymore. Things like support, build quality etc are unknowns in this new Foxconn arrangement.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes you guys are right. The Nokia today is not the Nokia that we used to know in the past.

But I can't help myself to support them even though they're using Android simply because they are Nokia. Plus, I love underdogs...

But a part of me still wants to be a Microsoft fan all the way

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia engineering team is mostly with Microsoft. The Android tablet is made by Foxconn with a Nokia logo on it, so is basically from a different company.

Doesn't stop it looking nice, but its not for me.

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Some don't understand the trick! It's Nokia's tabulate and will meet Nokia's standard in order to protect the name, Nokia! Quit referring to the product as Foxxcon's. It isn't! It is a Nokia device trying to steer people to her future ambition, Android, when her deals are over with Microsoft!
Buy this tabulate and be rest assured that Nokia won't undermine her name to the muds!

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Nokia said they designed and made the software on the tablet so it's still a pure Nokia device.

Foxconn is only in charge with the manufacturing...

stenson625

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
What about the Nokia's laid off workers? Will they remain idle?
If the company is torn into two, between Android and Windows, then she will be better of than sourly putting all of her eggs in one basket! I will go Android, if Nokia or a part of her goes Android!
<Smiley face>

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it's great what Nokia is doing and I hope they continue.

If you haven't seen the website for the new tablet you should take a look at it - Nokia N1

This to me is a way for Nokia to test the waters with new products and honestly I hope they are no longer the 'old' Nokia because that's what got them into trouble in the first place.

The tablet looks amazing in quality. I'm unfortunately not ready for a new tablet but I'm going to keep my eyes on what's happening. A Nokia and Foxconn partnership could be the beginning of a new stage for Nokia to bring out quality products and good prices. I just don't want them flooding the market. I rather them produce some quality devices and go from there. They say they're not doing phones but who knows what 2016 will bring.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What about the Nokia's laid off workers? Will they remain idle?
If the company is torn into two, between Android and Windows, then she will be better of than sourly putting all of her eggs in one basket! I will go Android, if Nokia or a part of her goes Android!
<Smiley face>

Small steps. What do you keep referring to Nokia as a 'her'. Not that I have any issues with that. It's an 'it'. A company and a town.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Endearment...?

Well I had an idea what it the reasoning was but I was hoping someone would tell me something different. I know for the most part that people call their items female names or using female terms because they have a 'relationship' with them. This is usually 'men'. But I was hoping we'd get away from that in reference to a company or product. :/

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well I had an idea what it the reasoning was but I was hoping someone would tell me something different. I know for the most part that people call their items female names or using female terms because they have a 'relationship' with them. This is usually 'men'. But I was hoping we'd get away from that in reference to a company or product. :/

Maybe that person is not a native English speaker. For example, in my native language, all company names are masculine. So we do refer to Nokia (or MS or Google) as 'he'. Nothing wrong with it. BTW, we refer to Windows (both the OS and the actual object) as 'she', Android as 'he', chair as 'she', table as 'he', bottle as 'she', tree as 'he', flower as 'he', clock as 'she', book as 'she', etc. So it's perfectly normal to refer to an inanimate object/product/company as 'he' or 'she'.

This isn't affection or anything... It depends on the language. Some objects can even change gender. Like in my language, the moon is masculine (he), but the full moon is feminine (she). So the moon becomes a 'she' for a couple of days each month. :)

Last edited:

vineet_vpns12

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Maybe that person is not a native English speaker. For example, in my native language, all company names are masculine. So we do refer to Nokia (or MS or Google) as 'he'. Nothing wrong with it. BTW, we refer to Windows (both the OS and the actual object) as 'she', Android as 'he', chair as 'she', table as 'he', etc. So it's perfectly normal to refer to an inanimate object as 'he' or 'she'.
agree.
windows central as "he"

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
There are rumors circulating that Nokia will be making a comeback next year...

This is really a hard time to me as a Lumia and Nokia fan. Which among the two will I support more?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium