The Quotes Thread!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
“It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
“After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn’t it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it? This is how I answer when I am asked—as I am surprisingly often—why I bother to get up in the mornings.”

Richard Dawkins

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."

George Bernard Shaw

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I may not agree with what you have to say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.

Voltaire

Posted via the Windows Central App on my BlackBerry Q10

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, 'Where's the self-help section?' She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose.
-George Carlin-

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
"Real joy has little to do with what is in your hand, rather, what is in your heart and soul." - Unknown.

Posting 1+1 Style!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)