Yes...Finally got Windows Phone Denim on a tablet

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
That's essentially what you may wind up with. Win 10 for phones and small tablets is what potentially will be on things like the Stream 7. Consider Win10 TP for phones being what Win 10 for small tablets will be. I think tablets currently running the full version of Win 8 currently may have the option of moving to the lesser SKU or keeping the full OS version. That is going to be interesting.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Last time nothing worked, al like eh... static images. Bud i am not at home at the moment, so i cant try anything. Hopefully this weekend if i can catch my ride :/

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

No this can't be right. You do realise that I could just simply mirror the contents of my phone to my Surface (using the Project My Screen app) and load it in full screen like you've done? How do we know this isn't the case? I do this all the time to play Pako on a bigger screen (with my phone as a wireless controller to boot).

Besides, I'd like to see the about page too.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
No this can't be right. You do realise that I could just simply mirror the contents of my phone to my Surface (using the Project My Screen app) and load it in full screen like you've done? How do we know this isn't the case? I do this all the time to play Pako on a bigger screen (with my phone as a wireless controller to boot).

Besides, I'd like to see the about page too.

If this is "running" on a Surface 2, then Project My Screen wouldn't even work as it is a desktop app. But another way of doing it is mirror the screen on an x86 machine with the projection, and then RDP to that computer on the Surface. I think this is the case here as you'll notice some picture blotching effect on the tiles. Otherwise if this was on a Surface Pro, then the delay shouldn't be that bad.

But you could theoretically "run" WP on an x86 machine by ghosting the emulator images on the hard drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vs2zTq9iQ4

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Has no one asked the obvious question?...

​Why?

​Why would you want to put that OS on that device?

Why not? It's what the hacking community likes to do, you know, like figuring out which device will be the next HTC Leo, running Windows on Symbian, raspberry Pi, etc.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Almost mist my ride home, bud made it.

Anyway, back on to it.
I found a couple of nice looking colorful styluses...........

WP_20150330_009.jpg

Fits quite nicely for that old ancient tablet

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
YES...Finaly cutting some wood here.
Stil static frames or images on the homescreen.
When i try to tap anything on the homescreen nothing happends.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Total Bull****.
And the dude who posted a video. It's a video from remote access (or anywhere) played on a Surface. My opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786