Lost my 1520

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just got home from a night on patrol (I work on a motorcycle) and went to get my phone out of my pocket and it wasn't there, I was gob smacked as I am so careful.

I knew where I was when I last used it, and instead of putting it my pocket, I must have balanced it on the bike whilst using my work phone and went off chasing a driver, several hours later, I get home and realised what I had done and the full horror hit me, I was already on the Vodofone web site to get it shut down.

Luckily where I was sitting is a sheltered spot in the city of London (Just off of Fetter Lane) and in my job I am very recognisable, so in hope I called my phone, and it answered, and it had been picked up by a lady who comes out of the building who I have got to know who pops out for a smoke.

To say I am relieved is a massive understatement :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
wont get it back until tomorrow afternoon, but at least I know where it is and it's safe

It's not until something like this happens that you realise how exposed and vulnerable you are if your phone gets lost or stolen, the thought of the access someone can get to your life, I think I will consider upping my security from now.

And the first thing I do when I get up to London tomorrow will be to buy a bunch of flowers for the lady who must have figured out it was mine and took it in for me, she may also get some cigarettes as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes