Windows 10 Mobile - love it or hate it?

William Stovall

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Today after running Windows 10 on my Lumia 640, and the bugs on it got to be too much, I decided to flash 8.1 back on it. 2 hours after using 8.1 again, I'm now back on 10. How do you guys and gals like dealing with Windows 10 on your phone?

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Been on W10 for almost half a year, some early builds were expectedly bad, but recent builds are more than decent to be daily driver.
Bugs are there of course, that's what we join insider for!! ... as with every every build. After installation, let it alone for a few hours to update the core apps, configs, etc...
No regrets at all

Ben_NC

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Been on Win10 for almost a week (build 107). Waited until I thought the build would be stable enough to drive on my Lumia 521. So far the OS has ran smoothly (and on a 512mb device).

So far, so good. :)

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Win 10 is the future. 8.1 was good but it is receding into the past now and will slowly fade away. I flashed back a few times but have stuck with 10 exclusively since November and am now really enjoying it. The recent firmware update on my 950XL have really settled the phone down and it is now a joy to use. I am excited about where the OS is going again now and love the look and functionality.

William Stovall

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I think it's awesome. I had a few problems, but I didn't reset since updating each build since 10166 from 8.1 to current. Flashing back to 8.1 and updating to 10586.107 fixed a lot of problems. No random reboots and Bluetooth works great

AzlanAU

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda fairly happy with windows 10 feature wise... but having used latest iphones and androids from other people... windows 10 mobile just feels slow... its hard to describe but even android phones just feel quick to buzz around doing things, jumping between apps and back to homescreen, everything feels zippy, longpress back for multitasking feels slow and klunky on windows now, i feel like the approach of ios and galaxy s6/s feels and looks a lot better to use.

I dunno, ima hold onto my 1520 until the magical surface comes out, if that isnt a great device from the get go, i might start looking elsewhere. it just needs soo much polish atm, and while polishing they need to make the platform exciting again. imo.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Its OKAY if they fix those annoying bugs and brings the apps i use it will be a the mobile OS for me.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Gave up after couple months. I was using it from .29 till .107 with hard reset after every update but same bugs stayed on them all... Restarts, app crashes, OS slow downs, mixing contacts with phone numbers differing by one number, apps refusing to start untill I restart the phone, gallery crashing and being slow af... So one big nope for me as I really need my phone to be as stable as possible. :)

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
On insider RS1 .67, and really like it. Been on RS for a while but I did roll to TH .494. Yuk! Awful. It felt clunky like Android. On the 950xl, it was an improvement over .107 as released with 950's. Again, you could have designed the OS yourself and done a decent job!

The RS aka AU, is a revelation on the 950 series. Smooth, smart and stable. It has unleashed the beast and the xl now performs how a device with those spec's should do. Yes there are niggles, but every OS has niggles. On my iPad I get app crashes, on my sons Android tablet we get even more crashes and lock ups on marshmallow, and he's got a nexus!

The RS / AU 1 update is very stable on insider. So much so, I use it as my daily driver on 4 of my company devices. 950, 950xl, 640xl and a 650. Not had a problem, compared to recent attempts. Considering RS1 has only been worked on for a few months, I think that MS have done a good job with it. Once this latest insider has been tested by the insiders, and any last minute issues have been sorted, it will hit OTA, and then everyone can see where this bumpy road is heading.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta