Why are you a member here on Windows Central?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi There! Things are a little slow tonight. Thought I would start what I hope will be a fun and active thread. The title says it all.
Here's why I'm here. I'm a 78 year old colon cancer survivor. Got started being a PC user while doing chemo 14 years ago.
I'm here to learn new things and pass forward things I have learned from others. I don't know squat about phones, but I do know a little about computers and W10
I still have a lot to learn. I won't always get it right the first time, but give up is not in my vocabulary.
I'm here on Windows Central to help where I can and have a little fun once in awhile. I reply mostly on 'Ask A Question' and 'Windows 10'. The only pay I expect and want is a 'Thank You!' Once in awhile!
I have COPD and so there's not a lot I can do. I'm here because I love people and my hobby is to help people with computers and printers.
Why are you here?? Here's where I live!
About Us
PS I misspelled Member! LMAO. Someone fix that for me!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi There! I have stated Some of the reasons I hang out here on WC. One reason I'm here is to help; another is to learn, but also I like to have a little fun. I'm no stranger to help forums, but that's another story. We won't go there tonight. I click on members and staff names to see what they are doing. You might think that's being noisy And you would be right. I think of it as having a little fun. I understand that they are monitoring the forum and doing other things. Mostly monitoring old holdum333 LMAO. I will never cause any harm to this forum. I have been looking for a help forum like WC for a long time and I'm not going to knowingly cause any grief here. Now this will get me into trouble , but I'm going to say it any way. "Why are there so few that answer the threads here here on WC"? I'm not going to name names, but you all know who they are. I'm going to assume some are burned out and have other reasons. Any way this is your chance to post why you are a member here on WC.:smile: I have names of those that that I appreciate here, but I might leave someone out.:smile: so I won't post them.
I'll be good now. I'll be back tomorrow if the creek don't rise and the Lord is willing. LMAO

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
LMAO I can't always tell what the staff is doing because I get this message. I don't think I'm allowed there! If I can't have a little fun, I better leave!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 11

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Is there anyone out there; beside myself, that wonders what 397 members and 6284 guests are viewing on Windows Central. I realize most are viewing things about phones. I have friends that are my age with their phone glued to their ear or are texting. I go into a restaurant or a sports event and people are on their phones texting.
I'm amazed. I guess it's the future. Things have really changed sense I was a kid. Here's my phone when I was a kid! LMAO! Yes I'm really that old!

Attachments

• phones.jpg
    phones.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 12

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I like Windows and like the keep up with what is happening at Microsoft.

Sent from mTalk
Thanks for your reply friend!:excited:
Why do you double my replies Windows Central. This one can be removed!:smile:
Thank you!

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's my thoughts! Computers will become instinct and you will plug your phone to a large monitor. Could even use your TV for a monitor. I'm thinking that is already happening, but I haven't gotten there yet.LMAO. I may have to get with the trend!:smile:

Attachments

• Capture76JPG.gif
    Capture76JPG.gif
    87.4 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes