Ever feel like your losing the battle?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi This is just a fun thread for all you members that answer daily on all the threads on Windows Central and try to help members. I replied to 9 issues on 'Ask A Question' today.
I hope I got some of the questions answered or at least got the OP a place to start. I would estimate that less then 5% of my replies are ever responded to.
That's OK. I'm doing what I enjoy, but it sure would be nice to know if I were helping anyone.:smile: I have been here just a little over 2 months and I'll soon post number 1,200. Here's my thoughts and you don't have to agree with them. I think the 'Ask A Question' is a bad forum option. I always invite the OP to join the forum and once in a while they do, but it's very seldom. My thoughts are you should have to be a member on the forum before you can ask a question. I'm no stranger to help forums and this is the only one that has this option. I don't do the phone questions. I spend my time in the Windows 10 section and of course the AAQ. That keeps me as busy as I care to be at the moment. I'm not gripping. I'm enjoying this help forum and plan to stay until I'm ran off. LOL This should get some replies. I hope it's taken in the mood it was intended and not as a trouble maker thread! Tomorrow I'll probably perk up and feel better about all this. :smile::crying:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
The AaQ forum is basically the gateway drug. The idea is to remove every possible barrier to entry, which includes removing the requirement to register or having to find an appropriate forum for a question. If such a visitor can later be converted to a registered member it's even better. MN then uses those "inflated' visitor and member counts in their pitch to advertisers. That's what it's ultimately about. It makes sense from a business perspective (assuming it works as intended).

If you're primarily interested in the community aspect of the forum or interesting discussions, I'd say AaQ is probably not the place to spend time.

Last edited:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks my friend! I guess that makes sense! It always seems to be about $$$. You have definitely told it like it is. I like that!
You are very much appreciated! Thanks for your reply! I guess I'll still continue to spend a lot of time in the AaQ section.:smile:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Yea ! The Indians won their battle in North Dakota! Maybe there's still hope for this rotten world! I have a better out look on life at this moment.
This is a great forum. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of all this! I'll see you all on the forum tomorrow.
Thanks for your likes. You are appreciated!:smile:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't count your chickens until they've hatched. Trump is invested in ETP (Energy Transfer Partners), the corporation building DAPL. If the company decides to not yet reroute the pipeline, but rather to wait for Trump's inauguration in the hopes of him overturning the decision, the protests might have to resume where they left off (nobody knows what Trump will do).

It's a small and fragile win. The ball is just back in ETP's court. Given the simple and obvious legal situation, it's depressing that it took the U.S. government this long to reach a conclusion.

On the bright side, it's not just a win for the Indians. Millions of Americans get their drinking water from the Missouri river, not to mention its importance as a water source for irrigation, agriculture and industrial purposes. It's a win for all of them too, even if they don't realize it.

Most people don't realize that all oil pipelines leak, always. Major spills are also a regular occurrence. Spills below 1.5% of the pipeline's flow rate usually aren't even detected. In the ‘worst case exposure scenario,’ the volume of a pinhole leak at 1.5% of max flow-rate for 14 days has been estimated at 189,000 barrels or 7.9 million gallons of oil. Nobody wants that sort of risk close to their water supply.

To top it all off, pretty much none of the oil going through that pipeline is earmarked for domestic consumption. After the few months of construction work are over, the only people benefiting from it will be the oil corporations, banks, and the Chinese.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks @ a5cent. Excellent post. I'm no Trump fan and he really scares me, however I'm going to give him a chance. I'm a old veteran and Trump is my Commander in Chief. These are scary times for sure. If Trump over turns this decision, I'm going to South Dakota and protest with the Indians :smile:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks @ a5cent. Excellent post. I'm no Trump fan and he really scares me, however I'm going to give him a chance. I'm a old veteran and Trump is my Commander in Chief. These are scary times for sure. If Trump over turns this decision, I'm going to South Dakota and protest with the Indians :smile:

Just wanted to say good on you!

I consider political activism to be the only hope left for non-doner-class people who want some political representation (beyond social issues). Just voting isn't going to cut it anymore, and DAPL is definitely something worth getting active over.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi There! I started this thread with the title "Ever feel like your losing the battle". I have replied to hundreds of Ask A Question threads. Very seldom got a reply to what I thought were some really good suggestions for the OP's issue. Well I just got a PM that made all those replies worth while. I thought no one was watching, but someone was watching and that someone just made this old country boys day. I won't expose that person, but they made all those replies worth my time and marked some of them "Best answer".
Thank you for your kind words and your PM sir. I'll keep giving it my best shot. If I ever get off base, please let me know and I'll try to shape up.
This day is much brittler and hope is still alive!:wink: This is a great forum! Thank you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb