Here's a true story!

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi I'm a little bored tonight. Thought some here might enjoy this true story about myself and phones. My daughter and son- in-law were visiting and we were watching TV. My wife is a sports fanatic and were watching a sports event, don't remember which one. The channel kept changing and the volume was going up and down; and my wife had the remote. She was really getting upset and was asking what was going on with the TV. That's when I saw James messing with his phone and he was about to crack up. He had programed his phone to control the TV and was changing the channel and the volume. We all had a good laugh. That's when I decided these new phones were demon possessed . LMAO
Just kidding,but I was amazed that this was possible to do that with a phone.. Next thing you know, they'll have a phone performing open heart surgery.
The world is getting crazy! This is a true story. I hope you enjoyed it! Happy holidays to all! I hope the new year will find you well and prosperous and active on Windows Central!!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yoop...
Both my current Android phones have programmable remotes that work flawlessly for anything that has a remote in this house :)
My Windows phones have an app that controls our Xfinity cable via an app.

These smartphones are a true wonder even if they're a couple of years old.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi friend ! And you want this old country boy to learn how to program these phones and learn all this new technology?
I'm not sure my brain can handle it. I may have a blow out. Not sure how much more this old brain will tolerate ! LMAO!
CTRL-ALT- DEL grand pa.:wink: Thanks for your reply friend!
PS How come your avatar never shows you being logged on and why don't I have any Global Posts.:grin:
You don't have to answer that!:wink:
PS Thanks for all your likes my friend. They are appreciated!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
You'll be on phones like a US drone on ISIS :)
It's easy and fascinating.
Microsoft, Google and Apple make the mobile experience easy for almost anyone that still has fingers.
...and if you're missing fingers there's voice input via Cortana, Google voice or Siri.

I like the larger screen devices since my eyes aren't very good these days...

20161223_210753_HDR.jpg

My screens are a little too complex, yet they don't have to be.
Phone on the left is the Lumia 640XL on WM10 at 5.7 inches (good for bad eyes)
Phone on the right is the venerable Nokia Lumia 925 at 4.7 running WP 8.1 (beautiful device not available anymore)
Both are at the very least good camera phones.

Lots and lots of fun to be had with Windows on a phone.
It's the reason a lot of folks landed here on WC which used to be Window Phone Central.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi friend! You are totally a gem! I had cataract surgery on both eyes. One for close and one for far. I now have 20-20 and threw away my glasses, so I don't have that problem.
Good news about Aleppo. I fell so sorry for those people. I only hope the drones find the bad guys. IDK
Thanks for your reply friend. It's old Okie's bed time. You almost have me convinced to get a phone!:wink: (Almost) LMAO.
Good night friend! see you on the forum!
PS This is my thread and I give everyone permission to get off topic if you want to!:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes