Windows Central is stronger than ever - thanks to YOU

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to point out this article from Daniel, please read it if you haven't already: What does the 'death of Windows Phone' mean for Windows Central? An editor's response | Windows Central

I know there has been a lot of bad news, negativity, etc around Windows Phone. I get it. But that doesn't mean we aren't prepped and planned for the future... because we are :)

Our editorial team are total pros, and I have complete faith in them. They've evolved their coverage, moving into areas YOU want to know more about. If it's less about phone and more about PC's, Xbox, and more - you know you can count on this team to deliver. And of course, the daily news and updates you rely on get regular coverage too. I think we have a tidy little package for you on the home page!

On the forums side, I'm posting in here every day, and I'm so pleased to say that Windows Central members are among the best, most engaged, active, and FRIENDLY members we have at Mobile Nations. I know our forums will be strong for years to come, not because of any ups or downs with Microsoft, but because of the positivity, passion, and knowledge of our community.

For that I thank you. Just wanted to get this off my chest. We appreciate you here, and I hope you'll stick with us for a long time to come :)

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
It's great hearing that from our Community Manager! :)

Windows Central and all of the Mobile Nations Forums shall live for a long long time!

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear that Windows Central will continue stick around, even if Windows Mobile doesn't. What you mentioned is also an important reminder of why it's so important to diversify coverage. Had this site only been Windows Mobile - OUCH! We'd have to sadly rename it to Windows Graveyard...

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Glad to hear that Windows Central will continue stick around, even if Windows Mobile doesn't. What you mentioned is also an important reminder of why it's so important to diversify coverage. Had this site only been Windows Mobile - OUCH! We'd have to sadly rename it to Windows Graveyard...

Lol. Just don't get the shovel and start digging quite yet

Yeah A while ago it was called Windows Phone Central and it was called something else before that, which I can't seem to remember exactly but this site mainly focused on Windows Phones and it eventually grew beyond that to everything Microsoft.

This community is very diverse in terms of devices we cover and people from all across the globe, and I'd say that plays a huge part of why this community is one of the best! (If not, THE best!)

Last edited:

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Nice post and good to hear. Definitely interested to see what comes in the future and what devices and things we will be discussing on here!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to everyone in the Windows Central community for making this such a fun and helpful place to be.

You guys/gals rock! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99