Skydrive image uploads automatically resized?

seaniccus

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
This kind of irks me. I decided to upload my photos to skydrive, as a way of "wirelessly syncing" them with a computer I can't install zune on - I figured I could just log in, and download them - and I can - but they seem to be much smaller than advertised.

The camera on my focus is set to take pictures at 2560x1920, but the photos downloaded from skydrive are only 719x539. I expected this out of facebook, but I was hoping I could upload to skydrive full res. Does anybody have a solution for this, or is syncing with Zune my only hope?

The only thing I really miss about the iphone is the "film roll" usb mode. It was nice to just plug it in, and download photos without using Zune.

Melk

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I feel ya. I have Zune installed, but its much easier uploading a picture to SkyDrive than plugging in your device and uploading on there. Not only does it does it scale it down, it also reduces the image quality.
Hopefully someone makes an app for services like imgur and min.us so we can upload our pictures on there. Maybe there already is.... **Heads over to the marketplace**

upbringing

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think they will implemented a feature in Mango where you can choose to upload the pictures in full resolution to skydrive?! Not too sure, sorry. But I think I've read about it somewhere.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I looked everywhere to find a setting that allowed me to upload them at full resolution, as a way of having a backup. It doesn't exist, I'm afraid :(

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
That's why I use Flikr. It's a mystery to me why it is that way, the size and quality leaves something to be desired.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I couldn't believe this is true, but it's not a Windows Phone problem. It is a SkyDrive Problem. I uploaded a ton of photos from my N8 at full 9MP (4000 x 2248) resolution.

On SkyDrive, they're now about 2.3MP (2048 x 1151) resolution.

Skydrive seems to be thought to be a way of showing and sharing photos to others, but not a proper backup.

When you upload a picture directly from a PC, it has a setting "automatically resize pictures to 2048 px" automatically selected.

During a test with a very large image (5000 x 3750), I unselected the option. It uploaded full size. Tried to upload an image then from my N8 (again 4000 x 2248), and it still resized it to 2048 x 1151.

I can't find any settings in SkyDrive to enable full resolution upload in general. So, it seems to really be a SkyDrive native issue, not a Windows Phone issue.

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think it's a Windows Phone and SkyDrive app/integration issue. In SkyDrive there's an option to uncheck the scale down. But on Windows Phone and the various official SkyDrive apps, there's no checkbox or setting for this it seems. I hope they add this in the next version!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786