What's the easiest way to upload music to Skydrive?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My computer is on it's last legs so I want to backup all my music. It's only like 6GB but the lack of Folder uploads is making it really tedious.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well if it's just a backup for archiving purposes you could always try compressing the file with something like 7Zip or WinRAR and tell it to split the archives so that they're 100MB each. (Individual file size limit is 100MB on SkyDrive right? I haven't used SkyDrive yet.)

Or, you can try something like this:

How to Use SkyDrive’s 25 GB as a Mapped Drive for Easy Access - How-To Geek

You can create a folder in SkyDrive, then map it as a network drive on your computer, then just copy and paste.

Though I will say, 6GB is going to take quite a while to upload unless you have a speedy internet connection.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
How do you mass upload?

When you click "Add Files" in Skydrive, you will be given to the option to "drop files here or select from your computer". You can choose either one. Open the folder with the songs, and hold down "shift" and up/down arrow to select multiple files.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Alternative you can just create a folder on Skydrive and open your music folder, select all and just drag it to skydrive. They will all upload but I have a ton of folders, it will take forever.

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well if it's just a backup for archiving purposes you could always try compressing the file with something like 7Zip or WinRAR and tell it to split the archives so that they're 100MB each. (Individual file size limit is 100MB on SkyDrive right? I haven't used SkyDrive yet.)

Or, you can try something like this:

How to Use SkyDrive’s 25 GB as a Mapped Drive for Easy Access - How-To Geek

You can create a folder in SkyDrive, then map it as a network drive on your computer, then just copy and paste.

Though I will say, 6GB is going to take quite a while to upload unless you have a speedy internet connection.

Isn't that what the Skydrive desktop app does, just automatically? Or does this route not take up local space on your PC? I know the skydrive desktop app will sync files locally.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3