Desktop App on Windows 8

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Well this totally screws me.

You can't use the desktop SkyDrive app, the one that is the same on Windows 7 & Vista, on Windows 8 with a different MS Account...

Just FYI, if this is a problem for you, as it is huge for me.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Was no problem on the release and enterprise preview.. I'll try once I get it installed later today.

I have had the problem with linking MS Accounts so this is why I just transferred over everything to one account, except SkyDrive as you can't transfer it....now this...ugh!

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Just finished installing and indeed the desktop app uses the login account.

You can always go through the web interface, but why can't you transfer files from one skydrive to another?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just finished installing and indeed the desktop app uses the login account.

You can always go through the web interface, but why can't you transfer files from one skydrive to another?

The way I guess you could do it is to convert your Wins8 account to a local account but then app settings and the like would not sync across machines?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I just said f it and gave MS $10 a year for my new account to have the same space my old account did because they could not figure out the issue for the last three months, plus. I don't want to go back but it sucks it is costing me money.

...I get that it is a free, awesome service but it is still their mistake...

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well this totally screws me.

You can't use the desktop SkyDrive app, the one that is the same on Windows 7 & Vista, on Windows 8 with a different MS Account...

Just FYI, if this is a problem for you, as it is huge for me.

Yes you can...

I have the same Skydrive account logged into my Windows 7 machine as my Windows 8 machine...

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can...

I have the same Skydrive account logged into my Windows 7 machine as my Windows 8 machine...

Two people said you can't. Your answer doesn't read right. Are you sure you read the issue correctly. It is: In W8 I use an @outlook.com, when logging into skydive desktop app with @msn.com account it says a different account than the one logged into W8 is in use, stops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99