11-16-2012, 08:59 PM #1
- 73 Posts
I want to use SkyDrive to backup up many gigabytes of stuff on my desktop PC - way more than would ever fit on my phone. SkyDrive now has 'selective sync' - except that there won't be any update for those of us with WP 7.5, only for WP8. (Thanks once again, MS, for throwing all the WP7 users under the bus.) If SkyDrive on my phone downloaded all that stuff, it would kill my phone.
If I installed SkyDrive on another PC, and didn't enable selective sync, it would download everything. But what does the SkyDrive app do on a Windows Phone? Does it (I hope) show me all my files in the cloud, but only download the ones I actually try to view or do something with? If not, that app will be of no use to me once my cloud storage exceeds what can fit on the phone and in fact I'd have to uninstall it to prevent it trying to 'sync' everything.
11-18-2012, 05:11 AM #2
- 24 Posts
It doesn't actually sync anything to your phone by that I mean it doesn't physically put files on the phone to use your storage.
You will be able to see any pictures via your picture hub and any file / docs etc via the skydrive app on your WP.
When you access one it access it from the cloud so it doesn't use any WP Storage
- 12-03-2012, 04:32 PM #4
Guys sorry a question. Thinking of getting Google Drive. Is there a file size limit on SkyDrive? I believe Google is limited to 10GB. Reason for me asking is that I film videos (DSLR) from my holidays and those videos can be bigger than 3GB as I leave it in 720p. Was probably too stupid to find it on skydrive so if anyone could advise that'd be great. Thanks in advance.
- By CamiKitti in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 29Last Post: 10-11-2013, 02:20 PM
- By PerseusPrime in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 11-02-2012, 11:28 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 12Last Post: 09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 21Last Post: 04-20-2012, 06:25 AM
- By mtmt88 in forum OneDriveReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2011, 07:53 PM