- 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM #1
I am new to Windows Phone and have been using sky drive only recently. I know there are some issues, but by and large sky drive seems to be a nice option. Since I have bought a new Lumia 920, it makes more sense to invest into sky drive. I have two concerns
1. One of my main reasons to use sky drive is to share pics with my family and friends. And recently, I tried to share my folder with my friends. They were able to view and download individual pics, but while trying to download the whole folder, it is asking them to log into their windows accounts, which some of them dont have :(. . I tried everything from my side but to no avail. Is this even possible ??
2. While using mail app in my windows phone, Can we attach a file/document from my sky drive, in our gmail ? The attach button takes me to my albums, and my sky drive albums, but not my documents in sky drive.
I know we can open sky drive and share the document in our email. But I was having an email conversation, and found that I could not attach my sky drive documents. Am I missing something ? Can this be done ?
- 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM #2
Found this link. It says, a folder abover 25mb cannot be downloaded by a friend unless he signs into windows account. Depressing.
SkyDrive does not allow sharing large files with non-SkyDrive users | WMPoweruser
12-11-2012, 02:49 PM #3
- 304 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
SkyDrive is not a mobile hosting site, it's a cloud service. Tell your friend to get a Microsoft account, it's amazing he has managed to stay without one for so long. It's not non-SkyDrive users, he just needs an MS account. If he has hotmail or an Xbox account, that should suffice.
- 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM #4
I understand that it is a cloud service, but sky drive cannot grow unless MS takes out its limitations. If MS wants to compete with dropbox or google drive, it needs to adapt. Give the control to the user!!
And dont be amazed, I know tons of my collegues who dont have a Windows account. So, creating an account just to download my shared folder doesnt make sense to him, neither to me.
- By Dang Pham in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 14Last Post: 03-15-2013, 10:43 AM
- By DaveGx in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2012, 02:43 PM
- By sidsgr88 in forum OneDriveReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-2012, 01:33 AM
- By velvetelvis in forum OneDriveReplies: 36Last Post: 04-26-2012, 12:23 AM
- By pirarre in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 5Last Post: 06-15-2011, 12:56 AM