Automatic photo transfer from phone to SkyDrive to PC

TomK100

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. Having a great time with my Lumia 920, but have one photo question. I have the system set to automatically transfer my photos to SkyDrive. That part works great. Is there a way to have the SkyDrive photos automatically downloaded to my PC (say when I sign in) instead of having to manually download every time? Back in the old WP 7.0/7.5 days my phone could automatically transfer photos to my PC when both were on wireless, but that feature seems to be gone with WP8. Any tips on how to get pictures automatically on the PC and not just SkyDrive?
Thanks!
Tom

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Install Skydrive desktop application on your PC and it will automatically sync all your cloud folders. It's great because as soon as my phone gets on a WiFi (because that's the setting I have), it uploads all new photos to Skydrive and my PC then downloads them automatically.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. Having a great time with my Lumia 920, but have one photo question. I have the system set to automatically transfer my photos to SkyDrive. That part works great. Is there a way to have the SkyDrive photos automatically downloaded to my PC (say when I sign in) instead of having to manually download every time? Back in the old WP 7.0/7.5 days my phone could automatically transfer photos to my PC when both were on wireless, but that feature seems to be gone with WP8. Any tips on how to get pictures automatically on the PC and not just SkyDrive?
Thanks!
Tom

[h=4]Can I choose folders on my SkyDrive that I don't want to sync on my PC? [/h] Yes. When you first set up SkyDrive, click Choose folders to sync. If you didn't do this when you set up SkyDrive, you can do it in Settings:

• Right-click the SkyDrive icon (
    a2b259a1-84b3-4262-9ff4-4426e07f9586_24.jpg
    ) in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar. (You might need to click Show hidden icons to see all your icons.)
  • Click Settings, click the Choose folders tab, and then click Choose folders.

For each folder, you can choose to sync everything in the folder, individual folders within the folder, and files that aren't in any subfolders within the folder. If you choose to sync only some items, new items you add to the SkyDrive folder on your PC will sync to SkyDrive.com, but items you add to SkyDrive.com won't be synced to your PC unless they're in the folders you chose to sync. If you choose to stop syncing folders on a PC, they'll be deleted from the SkyDrive folder on that PC, but they'll remain on SkyDrive.com. SkyDrive desktop app for Windows: Frequently asked questions - Microsoft Windows Help

Jonj1611

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering, with Skydrive, if I upload my pictures to it, are my pictures then available for anybody to see or are they private?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, with Skydrive, if I upload my pictures to it, are my pictures then available for anybody to see or are they private?
On a Windows 8 desktop, which has the SkyDrive app, they are there for anyone to see. On a different device however, you go to SkyDrive.com and sign in with your Microsoft account in order to see them. I should've added that it would be the same for any surface tablet with the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos