Question about skydrive and notifications for shared folders...

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there some sort of way to set up a shared folder in SkyDrive so that when I add something new to it, like a picture, the people who I share the folder with get some sort of notification? I'm trying real hard to switch from Apple and have not found a way to replicate photo sharing and notifications like iOS does. Thanks in advance for any help!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Literally only just saw this but for anyone still wondering this here's what you do:

1. Go to SkyDrive.
  2. You might need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
  3. Go to the file or folder you want to share.
  4. If the details pane on the right is collapsed, expand it.
  5. Under Sharing, click Share or Share folder.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Is there some sort of way to set up a shared folder in SkyDrive so that when I add something new to it, like a picture, the people who I share the folder with get some sort of notification? I'm trying real hard to switch from Apple and have not found a way to replicate photo sharing and notifications like iOS does. Thanks in advance for any help!

Just add them to a "room" you can create on your phone. Then you can easily share all types of things with the people you've added to that room.

This doesn't involve SkyDrive. But it may be a simpler solution to what you're trying to do.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
does photo sharing in rooms work for non-WP8 people though? I thought only messaging and calendars were share-able outside WP8.

Oxymoron428

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
There are rooms, and then there are groups. Rooms have features that only work with wp8 phones. But you can easily send texts and pics through mms with groups.

Kevyn Degia

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Rooms are specifically designed to work best with wp8, but certain functionalities also works with wp7 and iphone (maybe android).
For instance, file shared within the group will appear in a folder on wp7 or iphone skydrive account.
Calendar is also shared. You won't be able to chat with the group using the wp8 room chat feature, but adding someone into a room will add that friend as a messenger buddy (once he or she accept the invitation).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb