Should there be Skydrive Storage incentives?

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
shouldn't Microsoft give some extra storage even if it's like 1 or 2 gig to consumer who buy their devices? (ie windows phone, Windows Surface RT etc.) I have both but seriously they need to give more incentive.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
to add 50gb is ?16 a year in the uk , that is less then ?1.50 a month when you think about it , that gives you ?57gb for less then ?1.50 a month?? surely that isnt to bad??

yeah dropbox will give you free 50gb if you buy a sgs3 etc but then after 2 years , after you have used it , uploaded all your files , you will have to pay for it?? there isnt much difference really apart from 2 years free , then you think dam i am gonna have to pay because all my data is loaded up there , i did try dropbox but i honestly find skydrive as good if not better :)

we cant always have something for nothing and 7gb starting allowance is quite a lot really ...... just my opinion

on the flip side yeah another 3gb for buying a device taking it to 10gb could/would be nice but it is quite fair at the minute i think

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
$25/yr for 50gb if I remember right which puts you at 57gb total. You can't beat that with the services you get. Why incentivize when they practically give it away? You can't buy storage that cheap anywhere I would bet. Ya, Dropbox has the bait and switch but I like my Skydrive. Its well worth $2.10 a month.

george68

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think people should understand that businesses ccould not offer everything free, there will be no point in doing it. So, a bit of a free space is ok as a marketing leverage, too much and you get bust in a few months.
anyway, I have different accounts on different services, and I spread (and doubled) my files around them.
and now there's a new kid in town. COPY! New cloud storage service with at least 10GB FREE! https://goo.gl/uAfs9 but hurry up before they drop this generous launch offer
Copy is from Barracuda networks, a reliable network appliance and security company coming into data storage. it seems like a better setup to me; as long as it is not a proof of concept, I think it will last.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had two hotmail accounts and got them both upgraded to 25gb - but as you can only sign in with devices to one account it can make things tricky. It does however mean that i have basically got a seperate skydrive for work and archiving items and another skydrive for all my personal stuff.

george68

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
share a folder as editor in one of the two accounts and you can use it in the other "nearly" as if it were a subfolder. this works much better in box though because of their collaboration features

pechio

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I think people should understand that businesses ccould not offer everything free, there will be no point in doing it. So, a bit of a free space is ok as a marketing leverage, too much and you get bust in a few months.
anyway, I have different accounts on different services, and I spread (and doubled) my files around them.
and now there's a new kid in town. COPY! New cloud storage service with at least 10GB FREE! https://goo.gl/uAfs9 but hurry up before they drop this generous launch offer
Copy is from Barracuda networks, a reliable network appliance and security company coming into data storage. it seems like a better setup to me; as long as it is not a proof of concept, I think it will last.
It is for iOS & android only

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte