One Drive File size limits

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I really appreciate the convince that One Drive brings to my work. My only gripe is the file size limit.

What suggestion do you have for storing video in 2 GB units that will allow easy playback?

Many thanks

Last edited:

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, 2GB but that's still way too small. I have like 130GB of space and being a video editor and graphics guy, I can hardly store any of my files on OneDrive. Sure it's nice for small files, but it's kind of frustrating. Adobe's CC storage isn't any better either. Most other options are also not that good. If it's a video your trying to share, you only option is pretty much uploading to vimeo or youtube.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Corrected, 2 GB is the file size limit.

It would be great if required the files could be linked to open in sequential fashion for playback and could be shared as a group.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Update: Bought a flash drive camcorder (Canon G20) and it automatically parses large movies into 1.9XX sub-files.

Last edited:

CRAsucks

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Any file size limit is just short sighted poor planning and programming.
Onedrive is useless with a file size limit.

Just go with Google Drive , 100GB of storage with no file size limit is $2/mth.

If OneDrive actually figures out how to make their product useful I will seriously consider the Office 365 subscription, but a 2GB file size limit is a joke.

Soundtweaker

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Any file size limit is just short sighted poor planning and programming.
Onedrive is useless with a file size limit.

Just go with Google Drive , 100GB of storage with no file size limit is $2/mth.

If OneDrive actually figures out how to make their product useful I will seriously consider the Office 365 subscription, but a 2GB file size limit is a joke.

Agreed. So is the 50GB limit for the default music folder. Hopefully they will up the limit once the Music Locker feature is available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12