How do I delete duplicate one drive folders?

boatman37210

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Duplicate one drive folders

When I first started using Skydrive I targeted the folders My Documents, Downloads, and Desktop to Skydrive. At least that is what I can best remember doing. I now realize stupidity on my part, but it is what it is. I have on and off tried on my own to figure out how to fix with no success.

Right now I have 4 Onedrives listed. The main Onedrive and then the above three folders which are now each named Onedrive under This PC. All 4 folders show the same data. I am thinking that is because each has the exact same target. I am guessing, but maybe there is only one file and when you click on any of the 4 folders it goes to the same location and shows the same data.

I have cleared out all the data in these folders, so now they are empty. Will pull the data back in once this problem is fixed. I would like to be able to get back to square one meaning having the 3 folders back to their original names and locations and no Onedrive involved. In other words go back before this all happened and start over.

When I first targeted Skydrive it started the file process and a copy of every single file ended up on my desktop. Did not know how to fix, so created a temp file on my desktop and pulled all the files into it. It was a mess.

I cannot delete the 3 files. The system will not let me. Any ideas on how to fix this. I've been trying to figure this out for some time and decided I needed to post online. I've looked all over the internet and have not found a similar problem.

Thanks.

Miriah01

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
If you use DuplicateFilesDeleter doesn't that delete all of the files and screw up your one drive? Because I tried to delete on of the folders and it literally erased everything I had on one drive (over 600gb of files) and had to contact support to get everything back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss