OneDrive will not upload any files

JaHamilton84

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
My 1TB OneDrive account that I have through Office 365 for home use will not upload any files. This issue ocurs on my Windows Phone 8.1(will not backup videos, pictures, phone settings), my Windows 8.1 Pro ThinkPad laptop(cannot sync files through windows file manager, OneDrive app, or through the internet by logging into OneDrive), and my Windows 8.1 Pro ThinkPad 2 tablet(same exact issue as the laptop).
This is a major issue, as I use OneNote extensively for work and personal use and my notes will not sync between devices, nor will my important files or photos. I am now forced to carry a thumb drive for my files. This defeats the purpose of online storage. I know that it is not my internet connection as this issue occurs on several different networks, also I have had a friend and a Microsoft tech support rep log in on my computer and they can upload files. The rest of my account works, I can use XBox music, email with attachments, and my apps and games on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1.
I have contacted Microsoft, but they refuse to offer over the phone support and instead refer me to their online help. I have spent over 5 hours working with their online rep, but we could not resolve the issue.
Microsoft has refused to offer any further assistance or solutions. I am out of ideas and am quite upset with their services and support.
Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any idea how to resolve this?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure you're signed into the same Microsoft account across all of these? (OneDrive, OneNote, your login credentials on your pc/laptop, tablet, and your phone, should all have the same exact Microsoft account)

JaHamilton84

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely signed into the same account, as my email works and I can see items already in the skydrive, just not upload new ones. I have the same error even if I log on through internet explorer or Firefox. So it is not an issue of an incorrect login or hardware issue. It appears to be an issue with the SkyDrive server itself.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just checking. I just looked, and I'm not having any issues on any of my devices, and they're all set to upload to Onedrive. So I don't think it's the Onedrive servers.

Maybe someone else will chime in with an idea of what the problem could be.

Try this if you would; on your WP, go to settings/email+accounts, and see if your Microsoft account is "up to date" by long pressing your Microsoft account entry, and tap "sync".

Then check and see if things will upload.

JaHamilton84

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Under settings and account, my accounts will sync. The issue is only with my OneDrive. It appears that it is set to read only, as I can download the existing files but not upload new ones. I have worked with Microsoft's online tech support and have stopped into my local Microsoft store and they are stumped.
So far Microsoft has not been willing to assist in this issue and I am getting pretty upset. One rep even suggested using Chrome and Android. It is for reasons like this that Microsoft is losing market share, even they do not recommend their products.
I really want to like Windows 8 and hopefully Windows 10, but I am not hopeful.

RabiafRamay

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i also have the same problem.
It is very ennoying me now, i need to upload urgently but can not use on 1TB of onedriive .
Please of you fix your problem than help me to fix it.
Thanks

mgmdcenter

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if this is solved. I upgraded Phone 10 today and couldn't access OneDrive through the app. It didn't give an error message but didn't show files. I solved it by going to OneDrive on the web and logging in, having to go through the two factor authentication, but then it worked fine and pics would upload in addition to downloading files.

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm now experiencing the same issue myself. I can see all my files but not create anything new or upload. I've even used the web interface (with Edge, IE, and Chrome) to no avail. It's like JaHamilton says, it's read only

wtctax

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Onedrive not working for me since 12 October 2015. I can see all the files but not upload or amend. Like others have said it is as though it has been set to read only.

I use Onedrive through IOS, Android, Windows 8.1 & 10 and as a test through the website. Nothing will upload.

I had tech on email asking further questions so I hope they can resolve this. If they do and I can see what it is they did then I will share here.

Ian

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
this thread on MS answers details the same issues (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...onedrive/2b9b7d1b-7a54-47fa-a9f2-04ce2b65d5c5)

I asked there if it may have to do with OneDrive's support of "Family Rooms" or other features changing. I've been using OneDrive/SkyDrive since the very beginning and considering some of the changes they've supposedly been making on their backend, older users are experiencing bugs.

I'd gladly delete the files and folders, but I can't even do that. I can't even empty the Recycle Bin from the web interface.

JaHamilton84

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
My issue was resolved, I was forwarded up to several Microsoft tech support reps, but no one could find what the issue was. A call was scheduled with the next tier of support when suddenly my OneDrive started working again. When I spoke with the tech they were not sure what had happened. I think there was an issue on their end, that was preventing writing to the OneDrive.
The best advice I can offer is to keep calling Microsoft. I was on the phone with them for hours.
Good luck.

JaHamilton84

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
If there is a Microsoft store near you stop by there. Once they see the issue they can set up a call with Microsoft. It may take a few days before Microsoft calls, but it's not like there's many options otherwise.

mattdreed

Mar 15, 2008
Visit site
unfortunately the nearest one is close to 5 hours away.
did spend a while on the phone with account support, but when they finally attempted to transfer me to a tech, I got disconnected.
Wasting too much time trying to get this fixed. putting a hurt on productivity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999