Why do I have two Onedrive folders?

doddery

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
why have I two onedrive folders?,

My laptop and my desktop each have two onedrive folders, one with a blue cloud logo, the other with a standard windows logo, they have different contents.

I can understand that one might be my onedrive on the internet, the other my local copy for when I'm offline, but why, oh why are the contents different?

How can I make them the same? Ideally I want all my stuff in the cloud and my devices to sync there whenever they are connected.

Don Geronimo

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: why have I two onedrive folders?,

Were you using both computers before the change from SkyDrive to OneDrive? That's what did it for me. One of those folders are actually pointing to "\Users\[User Name]\SkyDrive," but for some reason both will be labeled as OneDrive in Explorer. You should be able to see which OneDrive folder is the current one because the current one will have a tab in "Properties" that will let you move the OneDrive location. That one you can keep, while the other can be deleted, if you want.

doddery

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: why have I two onedrive folders?,

That sounds good, I will give it a try, as I had both of them when the name change occurred.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786