OneDrive strange behaviours

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I need to access files on my OneDrive many times everyday. Unfortunately I encounter at least one of the following problems almost everyday:

1. Updated a file in Machine A, opened the same file in Machine B after at least several minutes but showed the old version (after a while, Word/Excel alerted me there is a newer version)
  2. Opened a file and found it was an older version and Word/Excel asked me whether I would "Keep my version" or "Use Server Version" (After choosing "Use Server Version" the newest version is restored)
  3. While working with a Word/Excel document, I got the error message "upload failed" and then asked me to "Sign In". After clicking the "Sign In" button (without actually entering password), the upload goes on as usual
  4. Got a error message "Some files cannot be sync" in the the system tray

I have no idea why these problems appear so frequently. I don't think I am using OneDrive in the wrong way - I always make sure I close a file before trying to access it from another device.

Basically I work with Office files 90% of the time. I am not sure whether these problems are related to Office.

Well I am happy with OneDrive but I just feel uncomfortable when these problems pop out without reasons.

Please respond to this post if you are encountering similar problems. Let's share our experiences.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I encounter all of these problems as well :) the first issue you mentioned is the one that frustrates me from time to time. I mostly switch from working on documents online (onedrive website) to pc/laptop and expect them to sync as fast as possible. However that doesn't always work..

Nowadays I download the file to my laptop and then manually add it to my onedrive folder. A few extra steps, but it keeps me from getting frustrated when im in a hurry so :p

number 3 isn't much of a big deal, but can be annoying as well.

number 4, I usually open the file, delete a letter or word, add it again and then close the file so it can save and upload once again. Works for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6