Onedrive is dead, were do we go now?

yehuda92

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Now that OneDrive is being crippled, whats the best way to wirelessly move music onto your Windows Phone and Xbox? Without that storage space, Groove streaming is essentially dead. So whats the next best thing?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm disappointed. I JUST learned about the magic of putting music on OneDrive and being able to play it on WP or a computer without having said computer store those files. I'll have to figure something out now since music can take up a good amount of space. You can decrease the size of a picture to upload to OneDrive but not a music file. Ahhh

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess this is where I would plug my Copy account's referral link but I'm locked out of my account and support hasn't gotten back to me. How convenient. :(

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if I missed something... But when did MS announce OneDrive going away?
Take a look at numerous threads on this forum and news items all over the Internet. You might as well Google "OneDrive" since you may want to move everything back to them. In short, starting in 2016 free storage will get crippled down to 5GB, you can purchase 50GB for $2 per month, or get 1TB with a subscription to Office365. Other tiers going away. No more "unlimited."

darkpgr

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious about what the soon-to-be-scroogled's OneDrive accounts look like.

If you are a Document-heavy person, why don't you have Office 365? It gives you 1 TB of storage, which is quite a bit.
If you love Groove, why don't you have a Groove Music Pass? It's $30 for a year every Christmas, or $130 in their yearly bundles with Office and whatnot, and it gives you an extra 100 GB on OneDrive too.

I am a heavy OneDrive user. I have 2 PCs fully backed up there, use it on my Lumia 1520, Xbox 360 and my Xbox One as well. Currently I have 184,261 files in it, taking up 344 GB total. With absolutely 0 effort to avoid duplicate backups and whatnot, I'm not even halfway through the 1 TB from Office 365, let alone needing the extra storage from Groove yet.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I mean. Who likes to pay for stuff right. Everything should be free!! What!? No longer free!

Dead!

Gather the pitch forks!

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
For me, my documents will always be in OneDrive... The integration that it has with Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Windows as a whole is very valuable... So if my documents cross the minimum 5GB, I'll pay for more... Photos and other media files however I might store them local or probably move them to Mega...

Personally I feel any company can do what MS did so I'm not willing to keep shifting my files around...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720