Want your storage back? Vote for it!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
As most of you have heard, due to problems with some greedy users that stored 50+ Terabytes of who-knows-what-not, we all get our storage reduced.
Now, it might not be that huge of a problem for Office 365 users (I honestly don't know, I'm just guessing here), but I know for sure that it will be a problem for regular, free, users.
I myself have only photos backed up to OneDrive, I rarely use it for something else (documents n other stuff, but those things never go above a few MBs), and I'm almost out of storage. It's funny because I don't even have a lot of photos, it's barely a couple hundred (though they're mostly 5MPx or larger).

So...what can we do? Welp, let your voice be heard. And what better way than the best feedback site around, which Microsoft uses for most of it's services - uservoice!

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/10524099-give-us-back-our-storage

There's the link, go vote for it, and I hope with enough votes, they'll understand that 5GBs is probably not enough for 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
LOL I like how this is becoming "5GB is not enough". Their answer will be "it is never going to be enough so sooner or later you'll have to start paying, why don't you start now instead of in 2 years?".

It sucks but I'm really thinking that 2$/month could be worth it. Oh well I know IT IS worth it, I just don't like how they forced this move.

Voted both and I like the second one more than the first one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Some people like their cloud storage like they like their country - FREE.
3871725-1373030102489649.png

Idk how it feels for the people that use Office365, but I know it sucks for regular users, and I really think they should set the base storage to 15GB (or just leave it at 5GB, but bring back the Camera Upload bonus).

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Some people like their cloud storage like they like their country - FREE.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111138372/3871725-1373030102489649.png

Idk how it feels for the people that use Office365, but I know it sucks for regular users, and I really think they should set the base storage to 15GB (or just leave it at 5GB, but bring back the Camera Upload bonus).

Leave it at 5GB, but bring back the Camera Upload bonus would sound good to me.

Actually if I was them I'd do 5GB free and 25GB free for Windows Mobile users, while 5GB+5GB for android and iOS users.

They should hire me (or anyone with some common sense :) )

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup, they could really push their services that way. For example, you get a few GBs for each Microsoft service you use - Cortana (Bing), Windows 10 (PC or Mobile), Groove, Maps, etc...
But what's important is that it can't stay on 5GBs while Google Photos allows unlimited storage, Google Drive gives more free storage and better prices and so on.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Not begging any company for their services, MS included. Downloading all my data to my WHS and leaving onedrive behind and they can go take a jump.

eseerc

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
The uservoice link has over 10k votes in 24 hours. In the morning, this suggestion will likely surpass the top vote getting suggestion on the site. Microsoft cannot stay silent on this issue with so much negative blowback from customers.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Not begging any company for their services, MS included. Downloading all my data to my WHS and leaving onedrive behind and they can go take a jump.

I just left OneDrive. Delete everything. Emptied trash. Stopped OneDrive on all my devices. Just local backups for me then. Their talk about MobileFirst, CloudFirst means nothing. All their talk about privacy means squat now. They do a bait and switch and alienating all their userbase and turning away all their potential new converts.

Nothing they say is going to change the fact that they admitted to peeping at user data. Nothing on their OneDrive is private. Ultimately it was M$'s decision to offer unlimited storage and also punish everyone instead of just the alleged abusers. IMO, they weren't abusing. They were taking M$ at their words for unlimited storage. What part of unlimited did M$ not understand when they offered it?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Guess what's the top suggestion on onedrive.uservoice.com now, with over 18k votes, and it's only a few days old.
The one bellow it sits at mere 12k votes. They should have thought this trough.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Did this effect the other offerings for bonus storage besides the camera roll? They gave u 100gb free for having a Groove music pass.is that still there?

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Did this effect the other offerings for bonus storage besides the camera roll? They gave u 100gb free for having a Groove music pass.is that still there?

Haven't heard anything about that, so it's probably still there. Though don't take my word for it.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Just checked the voting. Kind of strange, every suggestion that has over 150 votes has a response from Microsoft, with the exception of this one, which has well over 58,000 votes. Well over 2nd place with 13K votes, and WAY past 3rd place with over 3K votes.

Nothing from Microsoft. Crickets. Strange.
while Google Photos allows unlimited storage
Yeah, but they compress your images and you lose a lot of image quality for that unlimited. I don't want altered photos. Sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa