How can I remove folders from one drive on my PC?

flexenburger

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I managed to sync OneDrive on my Windows 8.1 PC with my Windows 7 laptop. I was only interested in syncing 4 folders from within my documents folder on my laptop. On my Windows 8.1 PC I noticed that they'd synced into a documents folder on my SkyDrive folder in the C-drive. Stupidly I decided to try and relocate these to my documents folder and now the whole documents folder with all the sub-folders on my PC are in OneDrive. How can I reverse this process and get all the folders out of OneDrive and put the four folders I need to sync back into my SkyDrive?

flexenburger

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried that as well but you can't rename the Windows documents folder! The whole of my Windows documents folder is now in my OneDrive and I need to get the whole lot out. Once that's done I'm hoping I can redo the OneDrive setup but with only the four folders I need to have synced.

flexenburger

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Windows 8.1 on the affected PC and first got OneDrive to work by clicking on the App on the Start Screen, but from then on I just worked in File Manager. I right clicked the OneDrive icon in the list on the left of the screen and went to properties. From there I clicked the location tab and then changed the location from SkyDrive to Documents and then all the problems started. The four folders I need to have synced were initially in a Documents folder in SkyDrive and once I had changed the location the SkyDrive Documents folder became a sub-folder in my main Windows Documents folder and from then on the whole lot was in my SkyDrive. I just want to put it back as it was!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos