OneDrive account setup on 2 compouters

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
In already have onedrive set up on my desktop computer and my recently purchased Surface Pro 4 informs me to setup onedrive. My question is if I set up one drive on 2 computers using the same account then the files uploaded from my desktop will be copied to the second computer (Surface Pro 4)?

I have nearly 180gb of files already uploaded from my desktop computer so will those files be copied to my Surface Pro 4 if I use the same account in my Surface Pro 4? I would not want that since I have only 200gb storage left to use in my Surface Pro 4.

Just wanted to check on this before setting up OneDrive in my Surface Pro 4.

Last edited:

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
In already have onedrive set up on my desktop computer and my recently purchased Surface Pro 4 informs me to setup onedrive. My question is if I set up one drive on 2 computers using the same account then the files uploaded from my desktop will be copied to the second computer (Surface Pro 4)?

I have nearly 180gb of files already uploaded from my desktop computer so will those files be copied to my Surface Pro 4 if I use the same account in my Surface Pro 4? I would not want that since I have only 200gb storage left to use in my Surface Pro 4.

Just wanted to check on this before setting up OneDrive in my Surface Pro 4.

Only if you sync those folders

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I will try to set up my account in my Surface and see in the settings on how to not sync the folders I don't want copied in my Surface Pro.

Ecm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I will try to set up my account in my Surface and see in the settings on how to not sync the folders I don't want copied in my Surface Pro.

Assuming you're running OneDrive on Win10...

Right click on OneDrive in the system tray and go to Settings. On the Account tab, click "Choose Folders". You'll get a list of the folders in your OneDrive. Uncheck those that you don't want to sync to local storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2