OneDrive Keeps Crashing on my SP3

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My OneDrive on my Surface Pro 3 keeps crashing. I've looked online and much of the stuff is obselete and the fixes published by Microsoft do not work.

I don't know if it is hanging on a file or if it is an actual applciation crash. The error I get in my log file is also just as cryptic. The frustrating part is that it works fine on my desktop.

Faulting application name: OneDrive.exe, version: 17.3.6517.809, time stamp: 0x57aa2140
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57dacde1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000653aa
Faulting process id: 0x1de4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d21b5737a255bf
Faulting application path: C:\Users\gerne\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 2a4cef55-9942-4264-81d3-17f30ff7af9b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So what fixes have you tried? Reinstalling onedrive or unlinking and then relinking? Or stopping sync of folders one by one until the error goes away?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So what fixes have you tried? Reinstalling onedrive or unlinking and then relinking? Or stopping sync of folders one by one until the error goes away?

I've tried reinstalling - Didn't work.
I've tried unlinking - Didn't work - It crashed
I've tried removing my SP3 from my devices list for my MSFT Account - Didn't work

Whenever I try to access OneDrive settings it crashes.

onedrivecrash.jpg

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. But after I got it configured. I open OneDrive from my start menu. I right click on the OneDrive icon, and select settings. Before I can do anything else it crashes. At one point I thought I fixed it, then it started crashing again.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes. But after I got it configured. I open OneDrive from my start menu. I right click on the OneDrive icon, and select settings. Before I can do anything else it crashes. At one point I thought I fixed it, then it started crashing again.

here's an idea - the crazy type of course- copy all your onedrive content stored on your pc to another place, maybe another partition or external drive. Then delete from the onedrive folder on pc.
Then reset onedrive and then try starting up onedrive

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
here's an idea - the crazy type of course- copy all your onedrive content stored on your pc to another place, maybe another partition or external drive. Then delete from the onedrive folder on pc.
Then reset onedrive and then try starting up onedrive

Thanks. I've done that in the past and it would work for a while then crash again.

I'm syncing to my MicroSD card on my Surface Pro 3. Like I said, I think it's getting hung one or more files or folders, but without a definitive error message I can't tell which. I sync one folder at a time. The frustrating part is that all of the folders will sync for a while, then something happens and it causes OneDrive to crash. It's not random. It is crashing for a reason, and I get the same exact error when I check my logs. I wish there was a diagnostic mode or some other way to actually see what is causing it. If it is a file or folder that is causing the crash, then give me an error with which one and ignore that folder or file to let me decide how to fix it.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I worked on someone's PC that was doing this same thing. It was a file name. Cant quite remember if it was too long or if it had an unacceptable character (&%$#). May have been both. This sounds the same because if you removed everthing and reset 1D, then moved the files back and the issue came back. It came back because that bad file was uploaded back again.

You may have to remove everything and go through all your files/folders and double check file names. It sucks... but will most like fix it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Then why am I not having sync issues on my desktop system? If it were a file or folder, wouldn't I be having the same problem on anything that syncs with my OneDrive?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I've done that in the past and it would work for a while then crash again.

I'm syncing to my MicroSD card on my Surface Pro 3. Like I said, I think it's getting hung one or more files or folders, but without a definitive error message I can't tell which. I sync one folder at a time. The frustrating part is that all of the folders will sync for a while, then something happens and it causes OneDrive to crash. It's not random. It is crashing for a reason, and I get the same exact error when I check my logs. I wish there was a diagnostic mode or some other way to actually see what is causing it. If it is a file or folder that is causing the crash, then give me an error with which one and ignore that folder or file to let me decide how to fix it.

you hadn't mentioned before that you're syncing to a micro sd card - that would be the first issue in my opinion -maybe the card is inferior or it's failing. Try unmounting it and then mounting it back

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Because I've already replaced my MicroSD card twice previously. Could it still be an issue? Possibly, but I doubt the card itself is going bad. At least not three in a row.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Because I've already replaced my MicroSD card twice previously. Could it still be an issue? Possibly, but I doubt the card itself is going bad. At least not three in a row.

from the numerous issues people seem to be having with cards on their phones, I sometimes tend to think Microsoft has very stringent rules on micro sd cards

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I THINK I isolated the problem. I believe it was one or more files in my Saved Pictures folder.

The confusing part is why is it syncing on my desktop, but crashing on my SP3?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for not responding sooner. I've stopped trying to sync to the SD card. Windows 10 seems to still have issues with SD cards. I still use the card, but I don't sync OneDrive to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb