My Mango Update Experience Was Bad - Post Here

Chollowell

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to update to mango but when i do the 7403 update it gives error code 80070017 wich i cant find any info about at all.
When the update starts it says #1 of 9 and when it gets to 7 and starts installing the update my phone shows a bar going to about 25% and then restarts and zune says step 1 of 2. when its done it returns the error code.
Does anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix it?
I have an Omnia 7.
I need mango NOW!

tiemishuu

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I installed mango yesterday and the install went fine from what i saw but after i was messing around with the phone i soon realized that i don't have the alphabetical feature where the apps are?i have a Samsung focus AT&T v1.3.
Today i updated my moms focus and her phone has the feature and she has the same focus as me

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed mango yesterday and the install went fine from what i saw but after i was messing around with the phone i soon realized that i don't have the alphabetical feature where the apps are?i have a Samsung focus AT&T v1.3.
Today i updated my moms focus and her phone has the feature and she has the same focus as me

It kicks in with certain (30?) amount of apps.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I installed 7.1.7392 and 7.10. 7720.68 (the latter AKA Mango & "7.5") successfully yesterday on a 1.3 ATT-issued Focus. Several planned restarts, but no errors or other problems. I gained about a gig of available memory on a 36.9GB total memory install. I do have the alpha feature, reception is still excellent, I have no detectable battery changes, and all else appears fine. I am especially relieved that my 32GB-format was not a barrier, and its flawless operation does not appear to have been altered. In honor of my successful install, I am running in Mango "accent" for 7.5 days. ;)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not bragging but wanted to chime in. HD7 (T-Mo) owner that did the force update but still has HTC apps (downloaded flashlight, Youtube, and Attentive Phone).

mika2210

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with my Samsung Omnia 7, and as it was under guarantee, i took it to the place where i bought the phone, and i got it back week after, with "new" firmwear.
Before I took it to the service, i had NoDo installed (7392). When I got the phone back, there was a 7.0.7004.0 OS version installed. Yesterday i tried to update the phone, and it updated to 7.0.7008.0 version.
After that I tried to update it again, this time to NoDo, but it didnt find any updates available, so I tried the "Force Mango update trick", when Zune started to search for update, i cut the internet connection, and this time Zune found and update, downloaded it and started to install.
And then I got an error, it said that the connection between phone and PC was lost, and that it cant update... And I ended up with a bricked phone... I googled the problem, and found a solution (3 finger power up), and I managed to restore the phone to 7.0.7008.0 version...
Just to clear things out, I had no problems updating to NoDo when I bought the phone, everything went smooth and without problems...

OS version: 7.0.7008.0
Firmware version number: 2424.10.11.1
Hardware revision number: 3.15.0.4
Radio software version: 2424.10.11.1
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800
Bootloader version: 4.11.0.3
Chip SOC version: 0.36.2.0

So, what to do next? Should I try again to update to NoDo? Should I wait?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

I would just hang in there your update can't be far away mika2210. I understand your impatience though.

Just incase you're interested I have posted my new firmware updates that I recieved with Mango.

OS version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware version number: 2424.11.8.5
Hardware revision number: 3.15.0.4
Radio software version: 2424.11.7.2
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800
Bootloader version: 5.8.1.9
Chip SOC version: 0.36.2.0

The method described in the link below has worked for a WPC user mika2210 if you'd like to give it a try.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/1568107-post17.htm

If you try it i wish you good luck, it certainly seemed to work for him.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
The only bad experience per se was during the update to 7048, it was **** of a long wait! When on step 10 it said I should not move or unplug my phone while Zune was checking if there was enough space disk for the update. Two hours later, I decided to browse the forums and check for a possible solution for my problem. I found it in an instant and all I had to do was canceling and then, 7720.68 would show up and it did. Man, I wasted two hours of my life lol

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Installed Mango on release day. Worked fine until today, now whenever I plug it in for a charge it crashes and turns off then just keeps restarting. I literally can't charge my phone right now. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Reporting back...
I succesfully updated to NoDo following instructions in the link you gave me...
After that, I successfully updated to Mango...
Thank you verry much for your help
You're very welcome mika2210, hope you are pleased with Mango after your 'Techincal Difficulties' glad to help. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven