HTC Inspire, off contract, stock OS, gonna unlock & root. Maybe Cyanogenmod or Revolution HD. Will split time w/my Focus for awhile.

I took a long look at the Vivid and SG2 Skyrocket, but the off-contract price ended up being tough to justify right now, especially w/no LTE (at&t) in my area yet.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    11-27-2011 08:42 PM
    The inspire isn't an easy phone to root. Good luck

Sent from my TITAN using Board Express
    11-27-2011 08:48 PM
    I went inspire 4g --> focus, lol :P

Inspire 4g has a neat display, I'll give it that, otherwise, I already got a focus s since I became enamored with 4.3" :D

Have fun!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    11-27-2011 08:49 PM
    Cyanogen is a great ROM actually made my EVO's usable. That was my main issue with Andy I spent all my time trying to make it work so I never had time to enjoy my device. I'm OCD never satisfied if I heard something might be better I was installing it on.

Good luck with your new device post back later let us know if your still using it. I tried going back a couple of times just didn't like Andy not after using WP for a while.
    11-27-2011 09:15 PM
    LOL! I bought an Android too. :D I bought a Samsung Galaxy SII, unlocked International Version.

With all the phones I have had, I was only familiar with Palm, Windows Mobile and Symbian. I wanted to see what Android was all about. I really like it. It's a nice phone, but the bottom line is, I like WP7 more.

I am going to play with it for a few more weeks and then put in on eBay.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-unlocked.html
    11-27-2011 09:33 PM
    When I used my droid I was a rom flashing machine. It got old doing that to make the phone perform though. Now I have no interest in hacking a phone at all.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    11-27-2011 09:35 PM
    I've got CM7 on my Nook Color. I'll always love and have a WP device, but I guess I'm just looking for something else to mess with. The iPhone is on hold until an untethered 5.0.1 jailbreak is out. I probably should have went dual core, but my plan is to wait for the local LTE rollout, then use my upgrade on the current holy grail, be-all, end-all, smokin' multi-core device. :rolleyes: That should be running Apollo, right? :)
    palandri likes this.
    11-27-2011 11:52 PM
    Just playing with the stock gingerbread. It's Android, alright, lol. I do like the 4.3" screen and solid feel of the device.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    11-28-2011 02:20 AM
    I just wish I had as much money as you do :(
    11-28-2011 07:02 AM
    LOL, maybe not the smartest use of $$.

I'm looking at options for accessing/syncing SkyDrive on Android. Would be awesome to get that working.
    11-28-2011 12:39 PM
    Rooted last nite, flashed the latest ARHD ROM w no-Sense.

Interestingly, the phone gets carrier-unlocked with the process I used. I'll get an H20 card later and check it out.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 12:05 PM
    H2O, iirc, is an AT&T MVNO, which means their SIM will work in any AT&T phone. Please correct/smash me if I'm wrong :(
    12-02-2011 12:06 PM
    palandri suggested H20 in another thread. Maybe he can clarify.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 12:46 PM
    You really only have have two choices in the States for GSM. AT&T and H20 which uses the AT&T network, or T-Mobile and Simple Mobile which uses the T-Mobile network.

There may be another way to check if your HTC Inspire 4G is unlocked. Someone at xda would probably know. For instance, here's a way to check if a Blackberry is unlocked: How can I tell if my phone is unlocked? - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

I was just looking at the specs for the HTC Inspire 4G it's showing 850/1900 for 3G HTC Inspire Which are the AT&T frequencies. On T-Mobile or in Europe the phone will only get 2G.
    pseudoware likes this.
    12-02-2011 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD