Which OS has the best native Facebook app in terms of usability, ease of finding stuff and general navigation? Windows Phone, iOS or Android?
    04-17-2012 12:23 PM
    None of those. Its been my experience that the Facebook app on mobile platforms has been horrible at best. Persistent notifications, erratic pop ups, and generally very very slow. Better off using the mobile website.
    ramrac likes this.
    04-17-2012 12:55 PM
    Even when i had android, i resorted to using the browser to get full functionality and speed unmatched by any app. I only use apps (People Hub included) when i just want to quickly browse posts or check in.
    04-17-2012 01:00 PM
    I agree with both of the above posts. Never understood the appeal/obsession with apps on mobile devices. Most services' websites just work better, and more consistently. The Windows Phone Twitter app may be the worst single experience any person could possibly have on a smartphone. The website is still broken as of this afternoon (9 days after it was supposedly "fixed"). The Facebook app is better, but still lacking like options for comments on posts and limited event functionality. But the app still lags and there's no way to turn off the resource-intensive parts of the app, like the scroll picture marquee on top. It looks cool, but I'd rather have a fast and functional app, than one that looks nice and takes 45 seconds just to fully load.
    04-17-2012 01:31 PM
    Which OS has the best native Facebook app in terms of usability, ease of finding stuff and general navigation? Windows Phone, iOS or Android?
    I've no experience with the Android app, but the iOS one blows away the Windows Phone app. With the Windows Phone solution you're going to be using the people app to check your news feed, the pictures app to browse photos, the Facebook app to browse the photos that don't actually show up in the pictures app, and the Facebook website for everything those two fail to do.
    04-17-2012 01:32 PM
    Posting directly to Facebook from the OS is pretty nifty though.
    04-17-2012 01:32 PM
    The iOS app is much better than the WinPhone version. Much more usable and is faster. The UX can definately be better on WinPhone. But I do love the quick posts and picture posts WinPhone offers in the native OS.
    04-17-2012 02:20 PM
    i dont even have the fb app installed, though the last update was pretty impressive. People hub and me tile do everything I need.
    04-17-2012 02:26 PM
    i dont even have the fb app installed, though the last update was pretty impressive. People hub and me tile do everything I need.
    same here
    04-17-2012 04:27 PM
    I am also using bb9900 and loving the native app

Sent via Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-17-2012 04:38 PM
    The iOS app is much better than the WinPhone version. Much more usable and is faster. The UX can definately be better on WinPhone. But I do love the quick posts and picture posts WinPhone offers in the native OS.

Actually, I like WP7 APP interface much better than IOS. I find myself having to click alot of locations to be certain place in the app. And I hate having the comments split in middle of my screen when I just want to click LIKE. WP7 made it simple. Just MHO....

Sent from my Lumia 900 Cyan using Board Express
    04-17-2012 04:51 PM
    Is there a way to tag a person when you are checking in ?

04-18-2012 08:35 PM
    Point your browser to touch.facebook.com from your windows phone and you have an experience more like ios

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-18-2012 09:48 PM
    The Windows Phone Twitter app may be the worst single experience any person could possibly have on a smartphone.
    Maybe exaggerating just a bit? I never understood why it got so much flack. Works fine for what I need it to do.
    04-18-2012 10:09 PM
    Overall... it might be the BlackBerry app (although not mentioned in your post). I say overall because it functions well and has the best, unrivaled push notifications!

Minus the notifications, iOS is king.
    04-18-2012 11:10 PM
    Maybe exaggerating just a bit? I never understood why it got so much flack. Works fine for what I need it to do.
    There are two reasons I give it flack:
    1. All of the data retrieval is tied up in the UI thread which makes the app incredibly slow, even when displaying cached data.
    2. The API implementation is broken, as some screens never work and simply throw a "rate limit exceeded" error, even when your API calls are well under limit.
    04-19-2012 01:34 AM
    I use the Facebook app for the push notifications and messaging. Works well for me. Everything else, I use integration for.

:)
    04-19-2012 01:58 AM
    I love the built in integration that W7 has. I find that I rarely open the app.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    04-19-2012 02:02 AM
    Yes, in People Hub, click any picture of your friends post, click the three dots, then "add and view tag"

Is there a way to tag a person when you are checking in ?

04-19-2012 02:10 AM
    One thing I found you can't do on either, is like an individual reply to a post. You can however, do this at m.facebook.com in IE.

:)
    04-19-2012 02:11 AM
    Yes, in People Hub, click any picture of your friends post, click the three dots, then "add and view tag"

That's not the same as tagging someone on your check-in.
    04-19-2012 02:28 AM

That's not the same as tagging someone on your check-in.
    Yup .. thats not it .. hands down that i am still loving the BB Facebook App still the best.. you can do way more things and the push notifications are very nicely implemented on there ..
    04-19-2012 09:15 AM
    Doh, I missed read the question. Sorry about that.
    04-19-2012 10:50 AM
    I actually like the Windows version over iOS but as other's have already pointed out none are perfect and all can be improved.
    04-19-2012 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD