Turning in my ****** card

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's me mellowing out as I get older or what but I use to bash hard on iOS, BBOS, and all flavors of android. I've had 2 windows mobile phones and now a trophy and spent years saying how closed and bad iPhones were. How buggy BlackBerry phones were. And how I won't touch a Android phone for fear of maleware. (And just being plain ugly.)

But after BB10 preview at BlackBerry World I actually think it's going to be a great OS and my wife is most likely going to get a BB10 phone when it comes out. Also as many people seem let down by apple and iOS 6 I'm thinking it's a great improvement. Not revolutionary or anything but a great refinement to a OS that doesn't need to remake anything. Yeah they need to keep innovating or they be just like BBOS. They were on top but refused to change and now they're fighting to stay alive. But apple is doing enough to stay relevant so why change something that isn't broken. Yeah I still hate google and android but now I have recommended a couple androids to a few people. But only if they already owned a android before. I figure they're already damned.

But I guess I just don't have what it takes to be a true ****** of windows phone anymore. That's not to say that I'm getting anything but a new wp8 (for verizon) when it comes out. Or that I don't think wp8 won't be the best mobile OS out there. BUT I guess I just can't be a mindless ****** anymore.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to adulthood. There's nothing wrong with having an open mind.

The ****** way, of shouting about how bad other platforms are, only serves to undermine the platform they support.

Being able to eloquently explain what is better/worse about a platform and admit they all have limitations and/or are not suited for some people is a far better and more peaceful way to be. At least there's a lot less yelling.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
To each, their own. I've never been a ****** for any of them. I have been a Win user for many years though and really haven't played with much else. I the type that goes with what works and pretty well stay with it. When/if it doesn't work for me, I go to what does. I've never really understood the whole mentality of the other markets and those who stand in line for days to buy an Apple or those who think that Droid is the ultimate.

I just don't get it.

JustinMSalvato

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
eh?

But I guess I just don't have what it takes to be a true ****** of windows phone anymore. That's not to say that I'm getting anything but a new wp8 (for verizon) when it comes out. Or that I don't think wp8 won't be the best mobile OS out there. BUT I guess I just can't be a mindless ****** anymore.

I am not picking up what you're putting down. Does not compute.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism