iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 Drop Test

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You could tell that Nokia did their drop test at that location earlier because the ground used to be one big slab of smooth cement.

Last edited:

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Say what you like about the iPhone 5, but thats one tough device.

Or Samsung make their phones with blutak and sticky tape.

Seeing that would definitely make me buy a case for the forthcoming Ativ phones.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had some pretty serious drops with my HTC Trophy and there isn't a scratch on it! The HTC 8X looks even more solid.... Not Nokia solid... But solid!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I bet that HTC probably has cheaper hardware.

Worse than Sammy?? Naaah...even the guy said..."Who cares for the back..cheap plastic..."

Hahaha...HTC could have used bad hardware but not always... Sammy is very particular and consistent when it comes to cheap plasticy feel... ;)

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Worse than Sammy?? Naaah...even the guy said..."Who cares for the back..cheap plastic..."

Hahaha...HTC could have used bad hardware but not always... Sammy is very particular and consistent when it comes to cheap plasticy feel... ;)

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Yeah. But if Samsung is going to go cheap on the backing, isn't that still better than going cheap on something like USB ports like HTC does?

So I guess they're just cheap in different ways.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
When the 4 and 4S got destroyed in drop tests, Apple fans said how drop tests didn't reflect real life situations.

We know earlier iPhones were pretty fragile. That's why so many iPhone glass replacement businesses popped up on the internet. The IPhone 5 seems a lot better to me.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My boss went jogging in the woods around his house the other day, and his GS3 fell out of his pocket and went flying. Had a small little scratch/scuff (he had to point it out, because I didn't see it at first) on the corner of it, but no screen damage or broken parts.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
well,I think there is no big deal with the drops for people seldom drop their phones.We should be more concrened over the radiation or specification or the functions difference...

I "seldom" drop my phone, but that's precisely because I worry about dropping it so I guard it. It doesn't change the fact that I want a well-built device that isn't going to shatter when it inevitably happens.

As for radiation, that's why we have FCC approval for our devices to verify that radio signals are "safe" for use.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
People seldom drop their phones.

But if that one time you drop it happens to be on concrete.
. well, "seldom" is more than enough.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this video before and laughed at the damage suffered by the Galaxy S III. It's impressive how durable the iPhone 5's screen is. I would never attempt to do a similar test with my iPhone 4! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb