Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TonyDedrick
  • 1 Post By power5

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Tim Cook apologized for lousy maps. The isheep are getting frustrated. Let's go get em!!!

Apple CEO Tim Cook apologizes for lousy iPhone Maps app - GadgetBox on NBCNews.com

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    they already are

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Maps are already better.

I wish Microsoft would apologize for their Facebook app.

Winterfang , could u please stop wanting perfection from windows phone ? It's like every post , U will say negative stuffs about it? It's so obvious you are a android fanboy. And SRSLY. Nothing is perfect. Stop blaming everything to windows phone.
    Windows Phone Lover :D
    Windows Mobile/Phone User since 2009 :D
    A Teenager that is 15 in 2014.

Devices Owned:
    Gameboy Color Anyone? :P (Broke)
    HTC Universal - WM5 (Battery Fault)
    Sony Ericsson W880i (Battery Fault)
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen (Surviving)
    Samsung Omnia W - WP7.8 (Battery Gone Crazy)
    Nokia Asha 210- S40 (Backup Phone)
    Ainol Novo 7 Crystal - Android 4.3 (LAG) (Lag so badly, don't wanna use it)
    Nokia Lumia 925 - WP8 GDR3 with Amber :D (AWESOME. But having issues with battery :/)

Quote Originally Posted by tayfelix View Post
    Winterfang , could u please stop wanting perfection from windows phone ? It's like every post , U will say negative stuffs about it? It's so obvious you are a android fanboy. And SRSLY. Nothing is perfect. Stop blaming everything to windows phone.
    Let people express themselves how they want. If he has valid gripes about WP, they are just as important as unadulterated praise.

And no, criticism doesn't automatically mean you are a fanboy of a competitor, contrary to popular belief
    Thanked by:
    Garrett92C likes this.

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    I love the blatant lie. "We needed our own maps program so we could provide turn by turn." Really? Pretty sure google maps on android has turn by turn. What he meant to say was that since they want to distance themselves from paying google for anything, they had no option but to create their own. They wanted more profit margin and instead of paying google a royalty on each phone, they will just make their own software. They thought, "Even if it sucks, we have enough fans to still buy our stuff."
    twincamfxd likes this.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayfelix View Post
    He has an Optimus 7...cut him a break... ;)
    I've been harping on the maps issue and scuffgate among other issues, and I definitely think Tim Cook's idea to use Bing and Nokia will help this fall. I hope that Microsoft and Nokia will take advantage of it in their marketing.. but you know who will? Samsung. Guarantee, they've got a commercial being produced right now.

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    Gloves are off for Samsung mobile division. Their commercials are outstanding. Can't wait for a maps commercial. Will be great. Showed my Dad at breakfast what apple thinks Hoover damn looks like. Then showed him what it really looks like on my Titan with Bing Maps.
    I am still wondering what they are still doing producing components for Apple. Apple sues for over a billion and you keep making their silicon? Amazing. Yes, its billions worth of contract, but dont think apple is not already in engineering stage with intel to get some of their Chips in the iPhone6 if not iPhone5z or whatever letter(s) they put after it this time. If I were samsung I would get them before they dump you. You have to know its going to happen. How much pain would apple be in if Samsung stopped making chips tomorrow? I am sure there is some contractual problems with that idea, but apple will do it and make samsung take them to court to try and stop them.