Windows 8 PCs

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else building or modifying a home PC for Windows 8?
Anyone order the system builder Disc?

I just got my 256 Samsung SSD just itching to be installed. Already got my new processor in, my new ram, just waiting for a touchscreen (next month) and my disc, which I preordered from amazon.

Anyone know when those discs will start to ship?

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm a technet user so I have had it on my desktop a long while. The disk will ship when Win 8 officially is released give or take a couple days. You may just want to go the download route buying direct from MS and put it on a disk yourself.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I am also a TechNet subscriber and have been running 8 on an HP I repurposed. I had issues with the onboard intel video so I added an Nvidia 650 and I upgraded to a 120GB OCZ Agility 4 SSD that screams :) The machine is great and runs 8 nice and quick. I also upgraded to a Dell touch screen that works very well but it would be nicer if it had a flat flush screen border.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've had 8 on my laptop for about 8 months, my desktop about two. Doing a fresh install onto an SSD when I get the DVD, I have a Vista full install and a 7 upgrade, I don't want to do all the jumps...or maybe I should...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2