Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Not sure I am thrilled with this coming to other OS's. It says the app is free. It turns out, the iOS app will provide offline maps, voice guided walking directions and public transportation directions at launch.

I wonder if all WP's will get this too.

Nokia announces new location cloud service for iOS, Android and others: It's Here (update) -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    Not sure I am thrilled with this coming to other OS's. It says the app is free. It turns out, the iOS app will provide offline maps, voice guided walking directions and public transportation directions at launch.

I wonder if all WP's will get this too.

Nokia announces new location cloud service for iOS, Android and others: It's Here (update) -- Engadget
    Quite annoyed that iOS will be getting the HERE app, with voice guided driving navigation probably coming later.

They announced nothing for windows phone that we don't already have in WP8. So it looks like its just for Lumia/iOS/Android. Owners of HTC's 8X (like me) are screwed again.

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    ........I guess. While I'm glad that I'm getting Nokia maps again, that sucks because that leaves one less thing for people with Windows Phone to want to stick around for
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    2,572 Global Posts
    As long as the experience is better on WP8 who cares.

I will say this, Nokia maps are vastly superior to Apple and Google on a worldwide basis.

My only complaint is the app has a Symbian appearance to it and not a more Metro appearance.

Good for them. More revenue.