Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    What do you guys think about the upcoming ubuntu phones? I respect the Ubuntu philosophy, but I am yet to hear some honest opinions about their new phone launch....

Global Posts
    33,003 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I like Linux (Ubuntu is not my favorite distro, though). I'll have to wait and see what features and apps are available on the new Ubuntu smartphones, though. I think those devices might appeal to Android users who want something even more tied to FOSS than Android. The devices might also appeal to former WebOS users.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I like Linux (Ubuntu is not my favorite distro, though). I'll have to wait and see what features and apps are available on the new Ubuntu smartphones, though. I think those devices might appeal to Android users who want something even more tied to FOSS than Android. The devices might also appeal to former WebOS users.
    I believe that the same apps available on ubuntu os will be available on ubuntu mobile.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Yeah it seems their process of app development could easily make Ubuntu a popular mobile OS
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Maybe they'll create an Ubuntu Nation if it becomes popular :)