Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Android certainly agrees :)
dsc0146.jpg

dsc0147.jpg

pauleyKills

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Isnt this from Huawei's press conference? Ascend P2? Anyway, Tiles are definitely beautiful and to see Android "adopt" to it is something that really annoys me in a way. It would be very fcked up if tiles gain popularity from Android NOT from Windows Phone.

Last edited:

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
yep it i from their press conference
i was watching engadges live blog..swapping between facebook and the blog until the second photo showed up and i honestly said to myself
Sweet!! WP from huawei till i realized what was going on

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree , Tiles are beautiful !
Don't worry about it , Android might imitate the tiles & their functionality ... but it won't last ! they will start crashing at some point ! like all widgets !
Don't get me wrong , Im not hating on Android , I have been using it for over 2 & a half years ! All widgets crash\force close !

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought they fixed that on the new motorola droids, they can flip and do other useless things.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

They went a long way , they improved a lot ! They are more stable now !
They don't crash ALL the time , but enough to make them noticeable .

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree , Tiles are beautiful !
Don't worry about it , Android might imitate the tiles & their functionality ... but it won't last ! they will start crashing at some point ! like all widgets !
Don't get me wrong , Im not hating on Android , I have been using it for over 2 & a half years ! All widgets crash\force close !
You mean like how live tiles are totally reliable and working 100% of the time?

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Google 'Now' cards > live tiles. As for widgets, not having any stability, performance, or updating/syncing issues whatsoever on my calendar and agenda widget, my locks screen dashboard widget, nor my uccw widgets. I even have my home screen divided into two panes with a stationary left side and a right side that scrolls vertically.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Fumetsu

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but on the whole Widgets on Android are much more useful, customizable, and reliable than Live Tiles on WP.

Also, you are delusional if you think this one screenshot somehow means that "Android" is ripping off WP's tiles interface, or that it would need to.

If I wanted, I could completely replicate the Windows Phone experience using a custom launcher and widgets on Android. It's not unique or useful enough to warrant doing so, but that's one of Android's advantages in customization. I personally find Live Tiles rather boring.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but on the whole Widgets on Android are much more useful, customizable, and reliable than Live Tiles on WP.

Also, you are delusional if you think this one screenshot somehow means that "Android" is ripping off WP's tiles interface, or that it would need to.

If I wanted, I could completely replicate the Windows Phone experience using a custom launcher and widgets on Android. It's not unique or useful enough to warrant doing so, but that's one of Android's advantages in customization. I personally find Live Tiles rather boring.

Have to agree. Also, these "Live Tile Rip-offs" don't have the same metro-esque feeling to it due to heavier customization. Funny how HTC's blinkfeed doesn't spark as much ****** fueled hate.

Ugh, no wonder the android users look down upon us, due to some WP users' stupidity. Now I know how iOS users are like....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans