Get ready for beta!

Prepare for Halo Wars 2 Blitz Mode beta: Everything you need to know!

One Windows

Microsoft is building a new Windows 10 Shell for PC, Mobile and Xbox

On the Inside

Everything you need to know about the Xbox Insider Program

Beautiful compromises

Surface Studio review: you'll want one, even if you don't need one

3-in-1

Is this the Surface Phone? Microsoft awarded patents for foldable devices

Windows Central Offers

MCSE Certification bundle is just $39

Even more improvements

All the changes found in Windows 10 build 15007!

Games as a Service

What does the cancellation of Scalebound mean for future Xbox exclusives?

Windows Central Offers

Save $90 on these FRESHeBUDS Pro Magnetic Bluetooth Earbuds

Returning for 2017

We're back with an new episode of #AskDanWindows

Lifetime Subscription

VPNSecure is currently 91% off

Our favorite things

The Best of CES 2017 Awards

Infinity Edge in your hand

The XPS 13 2-in-1 is the Dell convertible we've always wanted

Project Valerie

Razer just made a laptop with three — THREE! — 17-inch 4K displays. 😱

Great design from Palo Alto

HP's CES 2017 releases are truly gorgeous PCs

Intel and Google's big day

CES 2017 Day Two: New laptops, new phones, and old ideas made new

Take five is better than ever

The updated Lenovo ThinkPad X1 packs Kaby Lake chips and zero bloatware

Everything we know about the next Xbox: Project Scorpio

UWPowered

'Game Mode' for Windows 10 will power Xbox One and Scorpio games too

Buyer's guide

Best accessories for Microsoft Surface Book

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. hamzie11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
       #1  
    Android certainly agrees :)

  2. pauleyKills's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #2  
    Isnt this from Huawei's press conference? Ascend P2? Anyway, Tiles are definitely beautiful and to see Android "adopt" to it is something that really annoys me in a way. It would be very fcked up if tiles gain popularity from Android NOT from Windows Phone.
    Last edited by pauleyKills; 02-24-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: p2*
  3. hamzie11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
       #3  
    yep it i from their press conference
    i was watching engadges live blog..swapping between facebook and the blog until the second photo showed up and i honestly said to myself
    Sweet!! WP from huawei till i realized what was going on
  4. IceDree's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    #4  
    I agree , Tiles are beautiful !
    Don't worry about it , Android might imitate the tiles & their functionality ... but it won't last ! they will start crashing at some point ! like all widgets !
    Don't get me wrong , Im not hating on Android , I have been using it for over 2 & a half years ! All widgets crash\force close !
  5. WasteSomeTime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    871 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #5  
    I thought they fixed that on the new motorola droids, they can flip and do other useless things.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex
  6. IceDree's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    I thought they fixed that on the new motorola droids, they can flip and do other useless things.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex
    They went a long way , they improved a lot ! They are more stable now !
    They don't crash ALL the time , but enough to make them noticeable .
  7. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    710 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDree View Post
    I agree , Tiles are beautiful !
    Don't worry about it , Android might imitate the tiles & their functionality ... but it won't last ! they will start crashing at some point ! like all widgets !
    Don't get me wrong , Im not hating on Android , I have been using it for over 2 & a half years ! All widgets crash\force close !
    You mean like how live tiles are totally reliable and working 100% of the time?
  8. omniusovermind's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #8  
    Google 'Now' cards > live tiles. As for widgets, not having any stability, performance, or updating/syncing issues whatsoever on my calendar and agenda widget, my locks screen dashboard widget, nor my uccw widgets. I even have my home screen divided into two panes with a stationary left side and a right side that scrolls vertically.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Fumetsu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #9  
    Sorry, but on the whole Widgets on Android are much more useful, customizable, and reliable than Live Tiles on WP.

    Also, you are delusional if you think this one screenshot somehow means that "Android" is ripping off WP's tiles interface, or that it would need to.

    If I wanted, I could completely replicate the Windows Phone experience using a custom launcher and widgets on Android. It's not unique or useful enough to warrant doing so, but that's one of Android's advantages in customization. I personally find Live Tiles rather boring.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  10. HNNNNNGHHH's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumetsu View Post
    Sorry, but on the whole Widgets on Android are much more useful, customizable, and reliable than Live Tiles on WP.

    Also, you are delusional if you think this one screenshot somehow means that "Android" is ripping off WP's tiles interface, or that it would need to.

    If I wanted, I could completely replicate the Windows Phone experience using a custom launcher and widgets on Android. It's not unique or useful enough to warrant doing so, but that's one of Android's advantages in customization. I personally find Live Tiles rather boring.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Have to agree. Also, these "Live Tile Rip-offs" don't have the same metro-esque feeling to it due to heavier customization. Funny how HTC's blinkfeed doesn't spark as much fanboy fueled hate.

    Ugh, no wonder the android users look down upon us, due to some WP users' stupidity. Now I know how iOS users are like....

Similar Threads

  1. If your Live tiles are not working, this might help
    By NokFromApp in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-24-2013, 01:17 PM
  2. live tiles are great!
    By toyotast165 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 08:35 PM
  3. Turbo Tiles a Beautiful Mind Game with a "twist"
    By Arkady Elterman in forum App Spotlight
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 01:10 PM
  4. Are "Live Tiles" (Mango) a gimmick?
    By Muvolt in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 05:30 PM
  5. Mango: why are some tiles red?
    By littleroot in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM

Posting Permissions