HTC One success, Nokia going Android

tiziano27

Banned
Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The success of the HTC One is showing that is posible to make money with Android despite the Samsung domination. Unless Microsoft bring something really good for Windows Phone next year, I predict a Nokia phone running Android before the end of 2014.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Uhm... what? What is your measure of success? You might want to look into what Nokia is getting from MS in return for their exclusivity, and compare that to how much better you THINK they might do selling Android. Here's a hint: no they wouldn't be doing better.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The success of the HTC One is showing that is posible to make money with Android despite the Samsung domination. Unless Microsoft bring something really good for Windows Phone next year, I predict a Nokia phone running Android before the end of 2014.

Just skimming your posts, it doesn't appear you are a fan of WP...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have to wonder too if Nokia won't start producing Android phones sometime in the near future. The Android market is already crowded, but if Nokia took just 5% of the Android market, that's approximately as many phones as the number of WP they're selling now.

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I think it is possible for Nokia to have a great success on Android. It doesn't mean they have to abandon WP, but imagine all of those great reviews on Nokia phone's hardware and cameras, combined with the open possibilites of Android! I think it's at least worth a shot.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

The post below you nails it. Also if they go android they'll be paying Microsoft for the patent stealing. I think the boatloads of money they get from Microsoft will keep them exclusive to Windows Phone for quite a while.

tej7

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Lol, what are you talking about . Nokia has the highest number of mobile patents .If nokia goes android , then they will start to sue all the windows phone OEM'S(assuming that there will be any left). Microsoft pays nokia around 250 million dollars , which is less than the royalty that nokia pays to microsoft

krishna6233

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
i wish to see Nokia producing mid range android phones along with wp ...........wp8 is still not upto android in terms of usability.lot of basic features missing :asleep:

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope sorry, i've heard too many people at phone stores telling me this, and it annoys the hell out of me.

Nokia will never go to Android.

tej7

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Nope sorry, i've heard too many people at phone stores telling me this, and it annoys the hell out of me.

Nokia will never go to Android.

If the sales of lumia handsets increase drastically in q2 and q3 , then nokia wont create android handsets . Otherwise Elop will be fired and nokia will finally adopt android

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nokia will be going Android or not. It is still a question for the future. However, for now Android fans just have to drool over the sexy Nokia design with WP OS. Go back to where you are. We will call you when Nokia goes Android.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I understand that you want Nokia to produce android phones. But right now. If they do android phones. That would mean they would have to pay MS for patent fees. Like every other OEM. If they stay WP they will get paid by MS instead of paying MS for patent fees and also loosing money in the long term. LG Sony Htc are an example

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've emailed high-rank employees of Nokia (those who directly know Stephen Elop) and the reason they will never go Android is that the hardware is always changing, and no matter how many cores or how many gigs of ram you have, you will have this thing non-existent on Windows Phone. I heard its called "Lag". I've a friend who has a Galaxy S4 Octa and he installed like 40 apps and when he swipes to the left, it reacts like 2 seconds later and when he was browsing androidcentral for about 10 minutes, his battery percentage dropped by 30%. App support for Android is limited. Android has viruses. Android has no security. Android's apps are not checked. MANY fake apps. The list just goes. OSes like iOS don't have that and runs smooth as silk. Windows Phone is a second.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I've emailed high-rank employees of Nokia (those who directly know Stephen Elop) and the reason they will never go Android is that the hardware is always changing, and no matter how many cores or how many gigs of ram you have, you will have this thing non-existent on Windows Phone. I heard its called "Lag". I've a friend who has a Galaxy S4 Octa and he installed like 40 apps and when he swipes to the left, it reacts like 2 seconds later and when he was browsing androidcentral for about 10 minutes, his battery percentage dropped by 30%. App support for Android is limited. Android has viruses. Android has no security. Android's apps are not checked. MANY fake apps. The list just goes. OSes like iOS don't have that and runs smooth as silk. Windows Phone is a second.

While I agree with some of your points, I guarantee no high-ranking Nokia exec told them to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05