About new moto e

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I think wp will suffer because.of moto e atleast in india just for rs 6990 rs you are getting a good phone.what do you think guys.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Last edited:

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Its a great ph in this price range, definitely beat all other android phones within same range by micromax, Samsung, lava, etc etc. I like is its specifications....

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Its a great ph in this price range, definitely beat all other android phones within same range by micromax, Samsung, lava, etc etc. I like is its specifications....
But lava has lava iris x which has definite looks in its favor if it is 1 GB ram then it will be a hit

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The specs are nice for its price. The look and finish seem high grade apparently. But the 4 Gb internal memory is quite a bummer to make it a daily driver.
I am really considering myself to take part in the "fastest finger first contest" on flipkart tonight when the sale opens :p It would be a nice replacement for my Asha dual sim which I use exclusively for calling, since the 630 is too pricey for that purpose.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The specs are nice for its price. The look and finish seem high grade apparently. But the 4 Gb internal memory is quite a bummer to make it a daily driver.
I am really considering myself to take part in the "fastest finger first contest" on flipkart tonight when the sale opens :p It would be a nice replacement for my Asha dual sim which I use exclusively for calling, since the 630 is too pricey for that purpose.
At what time the contest will starting up 😉

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It is a convention of providing only 4 GB in that price range but you have micro SD card.nd getting kit Kat which is so cool.

4gb internal storage means only 2.2gb on user end. And since the device runs Kitkat, the apps have to be installed in this space itself (AFAIK know, without rooting). So as a primary device this phone is a no no for any enthusiast user.

P.S.: I may be wrong, never used any android... never felt the need to know any better :p

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
4gb internal storage means only 2.2gb on user end. And since the device runs Kitkat, the apps have to be installed in this space itself (AFAIK know, without rooting). So as a primary device this phone is a no no for any enthusiast user.

P.S.: I may be wrong, never used any android... never felt the need to know any better :p
Kitkat doesn't have feature for installation of apps/games onto the SD card? I'll be shocked if that were true and consider Kitkat totally useless...

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
At what time the contest will starting up 😉

Well the contest started precisely at midnight. And by now it's "out of stock" as expected. But I have an uncanny feeling about gross disappointment awaiting majority overenthusiastic buyers who just fell for the price (app space crunch... camera...).

I have ordered one too, just to replace my dual Sim Asha. The interchangeable shells along with the launch offers at this price is too irresistible to ignore ;) Primary use would be calling... maybe transfer those battery hogging Whatsapp and Twitter to it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Kitkat doesn't have feature for installation of apps/games onto the SD card? I'll be shocked if that were true and consider Kitkat totally useless...

Yes Google has restricted the apps to SD feature for Android 4.3 and above, only Samsung lets the end user do that but unlike Windows phone 8.1 where the apps can be moved to the SD card entirely as compared to just app data for Samsung Android models. If Moto can some how enable this feature natively then yes, it would be a significant dent for other cell phones in that price range, including the lower end Lumias. The hardware offering is definitely better (at least would be to the masses) when compared to the other cell phones for that price

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Check this article on Android Central: http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Even my friend's 14k Samsung Galaxy (please don't ask any other detail :p) running android 4.3 (probably) do not show any "Transfer to SD card" in app option... I checked today itself.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes but still wp has no games for 512 mb ram phones.developer are reluctant to optimise game for 512 mb ram.nd i feel if u root u can install apps to sd no issue.if u dont plan to root buy 32 gb memory android phones that is trade off if u want to enjoy games on phones spend no.other chance.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes but still wp has no games for 512 mb ram phones.

Lol... Whaat??!! The heatwave surely has taken a toll on you :p

On a serious note people who want some high end gaming (read those few 1gb req. games) but on a strict budget can get a 525. It's selling at 9k online. Not all people want those battery intensive games on a low end phone bro :)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But lava has lava iris x which has definite looks in its favor if it is 1 GB ram then it will be a hit

but does lava have quality? see thinkdigits countless forum threads about issues with such brands
lumia 520 is a much much better phone than moto e, the specs itself are enough
plus moto service centres are terrible here as well,nokia takes that as well plus better build quality than moto

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre