Microsoft Apps on Android & iOS vs Windows Phone?

cj-is-a-player

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a Lumia 920 with a cracked screen and need a replacement; sure I could replace screen but the 5 inch screen phones are more ideal to me. But without a flagship on the horizon, I'm down ready to spend $$ for an off contract device. So researching another device to purchase I ran across the Verge article; "Microsoft's first Lumia defines Windows Phone's future" [can't post links yet lol]

And check out the quote from the article;

"Microsoft is tempting potential Lumia 535 owners with what it calls a "5x5x5" proposition. Essentially, it?s five integrated Microsoft services: Skype, Office, OneDrive, Cortana, and OneNote. While Microsoft can and should be bundling these essential apps, it?s hard to see these ? with the exception of Cortana ? as differentiators. Microsoft?s Skype, Office, OneDrive, and OneNote apps are all better on iOS and Android compared to their Windows Phone equivalents. It might work at the low-end here with the Lumia 535 as owners aren?t expecting much for their money, but it?s increasingly difficult for the company to use these services as a unique offering for its Lumia phones across the board."

Agree? Disagree? I haven't used Android since mid 2013.

TL;DR
Does Microsoft make Microsoft Apps better on iOS and Android compared to WP?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I switched to an iPhone plus today and so far the only app I have used is Skype and it hands down is better than the windows phone equivalent. I am about to try some other apps as well.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
yea its puzzling when u have a beast like 1520 but still even Microsoft apps are not equal to other platforms.. at least Skype got better with the last update...

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft apps tend to be better on other platforms, but with Windows 10 coming soon, I'm hoping the all on one turns out to also produce solid apps for windows phones

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I also think MS offer superior quantity apps to other OS that is why people say that
if you love MS services then use Android or iOS.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Honestly having switch to the iPhone I can admit that the apps do seem slightly better on iOS than windows. I like the design of the one note app for example however the way people make it sound like that the apps are infinitely better to the point where you have a windows phone and it is weaker. It really isn't that much of a difference enough for anyone to switch to an iPhone or android over personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes its true, they are done better on iphone. And how stupid is that?? IOS obviously has better code that can be adaptable to most software.

Just got an iPhone 6 after 4 years of windows phone and the apps are great (of course) but what I'm surprised about is that I'm getting regular notifications from different apps giving me information, just like live tiles do. Plus the the fluidity of IOS makes this a major upgrade to my windows phone experience.

Android is ok for apps but I don't understand it. No fluidity whatsoever but my wife loves it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise