What OS would let me zoom in enough?

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I converted this map to a 300 dpi jpg using this tool but when I uploaded it to my phone I wasn't able to enlarge it enough and I couldn't see it at a decent resolution. I had to save less than 1/4 of it for it to be clear enough when enlarged. Then I tried the full map at 150 dpi and I had the same problem. I have Windows 8.1 on a Lumia 520. Does anyone have a phone that can handle the entire map at once and make the street names and everything readable as an image file?

BTW, I can't view pdf files on the phone because you need a Microsoft account so you could download an app for that and I had bad experiences with that. I don't like the TOS for apps and the phone would ring to remind me to sync stuff and I just closed the account.

Last edited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
In Windows Phone 8.1, the default Photos app has a limitation in the amount of zoom it can make. Hence, for example, for the high resolution images of the Lumia 1020, the Lumia Camera is used to examine the photo at higher magnifications. However, for images not taken by Lumia Camera, the Lumia Camera cannot be used.

As a work around, third party apps may be downloaded, such as "Zoom" - my personal preference, with this app the amount of magnification is more than needed (1000x zoom max), but it is comes with a small price.

Now, if and when you upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile, the default Photos app is capable of full resolution zooming - a lot higher than its Windows Phone 8.1 version.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss