Black and white horizontal lines on monitor, how can I get rid of them?

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
my monitor has suddenly having trouble with 2 horizontal parallel lines , one black and another white. the lines are very thin though and doesn't bother much but again this is something that cant be ignored so a little advice about what has happened , how to solve this might be very helpful.

here are two pictures of those lines, one screenshot ,the lines are not visible in a screenshot.

the monitor make is Samsung sync master 732\732n plus. all the cables have be checked.

WP_20160216_002.jpg WP_20160216_001.jpg no line.jpg:unhappysweat:

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: black and white horizontal lines on monitor

Is your video card driver up to date?

If the lines are always in the same place I'd say it's a hardware problem -- either video card (memory?) or monitor. . .

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Is your video card driver up to date?

If the lines are always in the same place I'd say it's a hardware problem -- either video card (memory?) or monitor. . .

the lines are always on the same place, yes all the drivers are up to date. so is this problem permanent or a solution exist??

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried a new cable???

Or it may be a fault in the monitor. Have you factory reset the monitor? Have you tried the monitor on another computer?

Any warranty you can apply?

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

the lines are always on the same place, yes all the drivers are up to date. so is this problem permanent or a solution exist??
I'd consider Rumored Now's points.

Try switching monitors - if that doesn't clear it try switching video cards (if you can). . .

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So you're the guy still using a monitor with a picture tube. I knew there had to be one somewhere.

I had some big old Dell monitors that did the same exact thing, still got one in my server room, it's just something that happens as the hardware ages.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So you're the guy still using a monitor with a picture tube. I knew there had to be one somewhere.

I had some big old Dell monitors that did the same exact thing, still got one in my server room, it's just something that happens as the hardware ages.

You have a server ROOM? Imma scairt of youse.

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Is that Samsung sync master 732\732n plus with picture tube? I think its LCD and might have got panel damage with age. I have seen such lines on displays of Laptops and other monitors..

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried a new cable???

Or it may be a fault in the monitor. Have you factory reset the monitor? Have you tried the monitor on another computer?

Any warranty you can apply?

theres no warranty left to apply and also i have recently put in a new motherboard so and thers no dedicated video graphics card so thats out of question. i donot know how to factory reset this though will give it a try . no i havent tried this monitor on another computer.

ps: Samsung sync master 732\732n plus is a lcd monitor.

Abhishek99

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Is that Samsung sync master 732\732n plus with picture tube? I think its LCD and might have got panel damage with age. I have seen such lines on displays of Laptops and other monitors..

yes this is a lcd monitor, is there some solution to this or i have to trash my monitor??

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Once those lines appear it's a matter of time.
Seen it many times sadly.

My boudoir's flat panel is starting to have vertical lines coming and going.
The lines mean curtains for the display :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077