I played with an Android at Staples today...

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC Sensation I think it was. Opened up the browser and went to www.espn.com. Did the same thing on my Focus S. I swiped the web page up and down on each phone. The lag on Android is significant! My Focus S was so buttery smooth!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
But the specs! Didn't you notice how cool the specs were? Who cares how fluid a phone is or whether it performs better, the specs are all that matter!

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
In reviews, WP gets dinged for specs even while the phones perform without a hitch, and the specs are often listed in the cons section. Unfortunately, until WP gets a larger following, the spec-worshiping party will continue to flourish.

tmotytn

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I will admit that I compared specs when researching whether or not to grab a WP...I did look at processor speed and ram and other things the "normal" Android user would look at, but further research led me to an article somewhere that mentioned the WP OS didnt need to use as much power, so a smaller processor would work just fine...(thinking it was a review of the Titan either here on WPcentral or Engadget)...I trusted the author, made the jump, and have been very happy with the performance of all three WPs that I have had, the Focus, the Titan, and now the Focus S...

In defense of "spec watchers", I will say that the dual core Atrix is faster/smoother than the lesser Captivate or Impulse or Aria...so in their world, specs kind of matter...

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it seems for them the specs still haven't caught up, or their coding is just so poor the specs won't matter. It seems no matter how fast and powerful, there are still the occasional stutters and hiccups and "micro-lags".

This Trophy I'm using is roughly Nexus One level...which Google won't update to Android 4.0 (it's too old and slow....came out in 2010 as their flagship device). And yes, IE9 is so smooth and buttery mmmmm....:lol:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Android phones require lots of processing power to run decently. That's why there is such a big difference in performance between the free androids and the top end models.

Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

Ohgeez10

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
As a former TMO employee, it was always difficult to get people to even consider the HD7 or Radar. They always gravitated to the slew of Android phones going "oooooo......awwwwe" when looking at screen size, super amoled screens, specs, etc.

I will admit that I am not biased toward any OS. I jumped on board with Android when the G1 first came out and over the years have played with Android, Blackberry, Symbian and older Windows phones.

On my home office desk, there sits a Nokia Astound, G1, BlackBerry 9700 and 9780, HD2 and Im currently toggling back and forth between my HTC Amaze and Radar.

I will say this for sure....that my Radar is soooo much smoother than my Amaze and my Amaze is rooted. As I tinker back and forth, the Radar/WP7 is becoming my choice of OS.

I do miss my Google Navigation (WP7 not as good), and custom text apps and notifications but I'm slowly getting over that for the smoothness and consistency of WP7.

Sorry for the long post.

Just wanted you to know that as a current Android and WP7 user, I totally agree with you.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
One of my favorite tests is to load up theverge.com on Android and WP7. And I mean the full site. The difference is staggering. It is particularly impressive for WP7 considering that The Verge can lag on actual computers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234