Upgrade to a Trophy or a Galaxy Nexus?

Smigge05

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I just qualified for my upgrade last week (Verizon). I really was hoping they'd announce any of the lumia phones on verizon, but alas they did not. I just can't decide if I should get the Galaxy Nexus, which should last me for a while, or get the Trophy and pray Verizon gets a new wp7 phone sometime soon.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
what I would suggest is sell your current phone and go buy a trophy off of ebay..and then you will still hold onto that upgrade. that way when a new phone does come out on Verizon that you really truly want then you will be ready to go.

Arcturos

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been up for an upgrade since August...

I've been debating buying a used trophy off ebay to hold me over for a while, i wouldn't use my upgrade on one though.

Hopefully VZW announces something at MWC, but i'm not holding my breath.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I would do like the others said and see if you can get a used one. I wouldn't get locked into a 2 year contract with the trophy right now. I have both and the nexus is my daily phone since I live in an lte area and atm like the hardware a little better than what the trophy has to offer. If the lumia 900(or any wp for that matter) came to verizon with lte I would get it in a heart beat but not looking like that will happen anytime soon.

Last edited:

Smigge05

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I know I'd be spending around $300 to get the Galaxy Nexus, but I really don't want to spend more than $100 on the Trophy. I checked ebay and found a majority of them around $150. There was one for 99 cents, but I'm not sure I trust that one.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree. It doesn't make sense to use an upgrade on a trophy at the moment, but they can be had at reasonable prices off contract via Ebay or Craigslist. I would buy the trophy and hold on to the upgrade.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll be the contrarian here. I think you'd be fine with either of those phones, but I do have a STRONG preference for WP7 over Android. I found myself in the same situation. I am tied to Verizon for work and I REALLY want a second gen WP7 phone. I held out from April until November before I "settled" with a new BlackBerry, after it became apparent that Verizon had little interest in adding to their selection of WP7 phones.

Also, since I have to pay for my phone out of my own pocket, I wasn't about to pay $200 for a Trophy with no contract so that I could pay another $200-$300 for a phone under contract in 6-8 months. I understand the flexibility has a lot of appeal to many on here, but my budget just doesn't allow it.

The Trophy is perfectly adequate (my wife has one) and when your contract runs out in two years, hopefully you and I will both have a wide choice of WP8 devices on Verizon to choose from. Fingers crossed for us both!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss